Uh's Case Keenum Wins Appeal For 6Th Year

Keith7

I think this is good news. The Mean Green will play against the best QB that Houston has to offer and will BEAT UH with their best available at QB. No excuses! Plus, may be an added draw to get more UofH fans in the stands. Need to do all that can be done to make this a complete sell-out!

GO MEAN GREEN...

Will Tune get a 6th year? Well, I hope so if he really wants to play, but do the UNT's of the NCAA world ever get the breaks that other more "high profile" schools and high profile players get when it comes to this sort of thing?

• Upvote 1

I just wonder how everybody else is able to get these hardships except us. Could it be the blame lies in house? Have no idea, just asking.

UNT has learned the hard way that these waivers are not granted or handed out evenly across FBS.

It is unfortunate, not just for us as a school but for the good kids that come through here and get the shaft with no explanation. Then they see their friend on the other side of the state get the waiver despite no better/worse situation than his own.

Edited by greenminer

I believe that the NCAA probably gave him his 6th year because of his chance to play a the next level. UofH is not that big of a football powerhouse, they have won conference usa what, twice in the past decade..I say we give Mr. Kennum a Big L in his first game back in our shiny new stadium :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1

Oh boohoo! I'm glad he'll be playing. UH- at it's core- is no more high-profile a program than UNT, we've just spent the last 5 years sucking ace while they've been kicking it. Who cares.

UH dropped games to several middle-of-the-road teams in the Heisman dream season that saw wins over Tech, Ok State, and Mississippi State- and Keenum was a large part of the reason they lost.

We've got as good a chance as anyone in this game, and it starts with an actual college coach that knows how to draw up legit defensive plays, an actual college offensive coordinator, and a ridiculous running back.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It is fun to play woe is NT, but I doubt that NT has any less chance of obtaining a hardship exemption than anyone else. The status of the school or the value of the player should play no part in the decision. Just may be, NT has lost these appeals because the player in question just did not have a good case for the exemption or worse; NT just messed up the appeal. Either rationale seems to me better than bias from the NCAA. NCAA may shy away from punishing the "bigs" for transgressions, but I see no reason they would play favorites in granting hardship exemptions.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think this is good news. The Mean Green will play against the best QB that Houston has to offer and will BEAT UH with their best available at QB. No excuses! Plus, may be an added draw to get more UofH fans in the stands. Need to do all that can be done to make this a complete sell-out!

GO MEAN GREEN...

Will Tune get a 6th year? Well, I hope so if he really wants to play, but do the UNT's of the NCAA world ever get the breaks that other more "high profile" schools and high profile players get when it comes to this sort of thing?

:thumbsu:

What an argument we have with the NCAA now:

"Well, it would be nice if both QB's who help us debut our new football stadium were 6'th year players and if not--why not?" OK, NCAA, esplain your decision if you don't give Tune a 6'th year and possible post season honors (for Keenum) should not sway any decision on this one way or the other." :rolleyes:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think this is good news.

In the next world war when we're up to our ears with the red army, and you and I are working our shift on the night search and destroy teams in the jungles of southeast Asia, and since you amazingly find something to be so joyous with just about anything regardless of how out in left field it may be, I'm going to ask that you are placed permanently on point during each mission.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

In the next world war when we're up to our ears with the red army, and you and I are working our shift on the night search and destroy teams in the jungles of southeast Asia, and since you amazingly find something to be so joyous with just about anything regardless of how out in left field it may be, I'm going to ask that you are placed permanently on point during each mission.

Rick

:offtopic:

Rick

I will gladly accept that role as I know you will have my back.