Florida International (1/14/11)

CMJ

Couple things.

Isiah Thomas couldn't be less interested in that thing if he tried.

TT is the 2nd most important player on this team.

Spud Webb was in attendance tonight. Chatted for a bit and got a picture with him. He's apparently affiliated with the D-League team in Frisco these days. Very nice guy.

Couple things.

Spud Webb was in attendance tonight. Chatted for a bit and got a picture with him. He's apparently affiliated with the D-League team in Frisco these days. Very nice guy.

Why wasn't TT starting?

Couple things.

Former Mav great Mark Aguirre was also in attendance. Nice guy, stopped to talk to many fans on his way to and from his seat.

Couple things.

President of Basketball Operations

Very nice win. All those that didn't think Thomas would build a team, were dead wrong. Good contributions from all. The first time I have seen anything that looked like potential out of Edwards. It was his best game. Holmen and Knox also had good games. Odufuwa, White and Shorter had big games. Afraid both Florida teams are going to be tough in the tournament.

That loud clicking sound wasn't rings hitting the railing... Someone should tell Isiah it was the sound of Alonzo Edwards finding his niche on this team.

This is a big win. FIU has the best raw talent in the league. Roberts/Ferguson/Legion/Frederick/Gary/Wright is THE strongest first 6 in the conference. Give that roster to Ronnie Arrow, JJ, Steve Shields, Bob Marlin, or Mike Jarvis... They could easily sweep the Sun Belt.

If ANYONE ever decides to actually coach that team, they'll be a nightmare. The talent is just too tremendous. We're lucky they didn't out-athlete us tonight. Thank goodness Isiah can't be bothered to watch shootaround or coach his guys on when to foul.

If we win the West, we want FIU to finish anywhere but 4th in the East. First, third, or fifth, and they wouldn't play us until the finals. Second, and they'd potentially play us in the semis. But 4th in the east means a win from them puts them in a quarterfinal game against the West champs. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'd rather not play them cold, early in the tournament.

Edited by TheTastyGreek
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

That loud clicking sound wasn't rings hitting the railing... Someone should tell Isiah it was the sound of Alonzo Edwards finding his niche on this team.

This is a big win. FIU has the best raw talent in the league. Roberts/Ferguson/Legion/Frederick/Gary/Wright is THE strongest first 6 in the conference. Give that roster to Ronnie Arrow, JJ, Steve Shields, Bob Marlin, or Mike Jarvis... They could easily sweep the Sun Belt.

If ANYONE ever decides to actually coach that team, they'll be a nightmare. The talent is just too tremendous. We're lucky they didn't out-athlete us tonight. Thank goodness Isiah can't be bothered to watch shootaround or coach his guys on when to foul.

If we win the West, we want FIU to finish anywhere but 4th in the East. First, third, or fifth, and they wouldn't play us until the finals. Second, and they'd potentially play us in the semis. But 4th in the east means a win from them puts them in a quarterfinal game against the West champs. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'd rather not play them cold, early in the tournament.

I can't be bothered to worry about who we'll play in the quarterfinals 1/4th of the way through league slate. Don't stress me out dude...I'm just concerned with catching Denver at the moment!

I can't be bothered to worry about who we'll play in the quarterfinals 1/4th of the way through league slate. Don't stress me out dude...I'm just concerned with catching Denver at the moment!

I think about these things so you don't have to, my friend.

Now you know without really having to know.

Also, if anyone is awake and wants to see what turned into a phenomenal basketball game... Check out Loyola Marymount and Portland, going to OT on ESPN2.

Was a 7 or 9 point game at the 2 minute mark, LMU rallied mightily and now it's going to OT thanks to clutch free throws with 2 seconds left from Portland.

Good basketball.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1