Announcement Monday Or Tuesday

DeepGreen

Little Birdie says that RV and V. Lane traveled together out of town late last week. Wouldn't we like to know who they went to visit?

I think this also shows that RV is not really making the choice here but being led/directed by V. Lane who has the experience in dealing with C-USA and what not as to where we want to go.

It would appear that the big boss has a good handle on things and may have just been retained to accomplish certain things that are vital, like this coach search. I feel like we are probably sitting pretty with good direction at the top.

Time will tell, but I get the feeling in the Athletics Office that everyone knows RV's job is on the line with this one. A lot of serious looking faces pop up when you mention such words.

Little Birdie says that RV and V. Lane traveled together out of town late last week. Wouldn't we like to know who they went to visit?

I think this also shows that RV is not really making the choice here but being led/directed by V. Lane who has the experience in dealing with C-USA and what not as to where we want to go.

It would appear that the big boss has a good handle on things and may have just been retained to accomplish certain things that are vital, like this coach search. I feel like we are probably sitting pretty with good direction at the top.

Time will tell, but I get the feeling in the Athletics Office that everyone knows RV's job is on the line with this one. A lot of serious looking faces pop up when you mention such words.

A couple of points. First, this is Rick's decision, and he has had a whole lot of time to think about it. How long ago do you think he might have suspected that that the Dodge hire might not be working out?

And that's malarkey that Rick's job could possibly be on the line. The man has made North Texas a job that could be attractive to excellent candidates, and that in itself is huge progress for this school. Whoever is hired is not going to be everyone's favorite considering that unlike during the Dodge hire when so many fans were pushing for the same guy. This is Rick's hire, he has had several outstanding candidates from which to choose, plenty of time to work with, and I am sure that he has made an informed decision.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think I would rather have Canales. Maybe RV has told him that it's his job IF he closes Fouts with a win?

I like McCarney's 11 years as a head coach in the Big 12, his five bowl visits and his tie for first in the north division of the conference in 2007.

We know more about McCarney's ability to coach at the FBS level than we do Canales. I think I'd have to give McCarney the edge.

I think I would rather have Canales. Maybe RV has told him that it's his job IF he closes Fouts with a win?

And would any of the other coaches on people's "dream list" be able to take this team under the same circumstances and within a five week span get them to the point that they could beat K-State?

"Beat K-State and you have the job" is total BS.

You know, come to think of it. If the team does beat K-State, I would laugh my ass off if another big time program swooped in a hired him out from under us.

...actually I wouldn't laugh my ass off.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

A couple of points. First, this is Rick's decision, and he has had a whole lot of time to think about it. How long ago do you think he might have suspected that that the Dodge hire might not be working out?

And that's malarkey that Rick's job could possibly be on the line. The man has made North Texas a job that could be attractive to excellent candidates, and that in itself is huge progress for this school. Whoever is hired is not going to be everyone's favorite considering that unlike during the Dodge hire when so many fans were pushing for the same guy. This is Rick's hire, he has had several outstanding candidates from which to choose, plenty of time to work with, and I am sure that he has made an informed decision.

This I like...well said. Bottom line:

1) UNT will have a new HC soon; and

2) Some will like the hire, some will not.

Stating the obvious can, at times, be fun....GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you Rick for letting us know how you feel. :P

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

I think McCarney would be the biggest name in the SBC behind Schnelly.

Looks like he was at USF in 2007. I would like to see him retain Canales.

ElToro, Sam Coach, etc -- all speculation, but are McCarney and Canales friends? Do you think they'd be willing to work together?