Riley

GreenAlums

I am very impressed at how Riley has really stepped up and proved to be a real competitor. The guys dad get's fired, he's got a broken arm, he's up against what has to seem like incredible odds and he fights his heart out. I'm not syaing to vote for him for president or anything, I'm just saying we should be really proud of him and appreciate what he has done for his team and the football program. Where would we be without him. He is really bridging the gap! I like the kid!!

Go Mean Green!

Edited by GreenAlums
  • Upvote 7

I am very impressed at how Riley has really stepped up and proved to be a real competitor. The guys dad get's fired, he's got a broken arm, he's up against what has to seem like incredible odds and he fights his heart out. I'm not syaing to vote for him for president or anything, I'm just saying we should be really proud of him and appreciate what he has done for his team and the football program. Where would we be without him. He is really bridging the gap! I like the kid!!

Go Mean Green!

Riley has done one hell of a job.

• Upvote 1

Go Mean Green!

Yep, it's amazing how much the perception changes when one shed's the label of "coach's son." The same phenomenom seems to be occurring in Boulder: Iowa State vs. Colorado

Cody Hawkins stays at Colorado and shows heart

Quarterback whose father was fired throws for three touchdowns in a victory over Iowa State.

After all that the Dodge family has had to read on this forum I think it is great that credit is given where credit is due. Riley has proven himself to be a solid college football player. Playing in VERY unusual circumstances - he has found a way to be a key part of this turnaround.

I offer my sincere kudos to Riley and I would suggest anyone else who feels the same way to speak up!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Riley could have easily folded personally and he could have decided not to give the program his best and no-one would have blamed him, but he did neither. Instead he is playing like the winner he is.

Good football players usually choose to play and they want the ball; add a chip on their shoulder and sometimes they become Great players.

• Upvote 2

Go Mean Green!

personally, i don't think he's stepped up. he's been this way the whole time. he fought through injuries last year too as well as the freshman learning curve. he's been this way the whole time he's been here. in my opinion...he's our mvp for this year, without question.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

After all that the Dodge family has had to read on this forum I think it is great that credit is given where credit is due. Riley has proven himself to be a solid college football player. Playing in VERY unusual circumstances - he has found a way to be a key part of this turnaround.

I offer my sincere kudos to Riley and I would suggest anyone else who feels the same way to speak up!

I've been impressed by Riley since I saw him in the game where SLC beat my Euless Trinity Trojans in 2006 on their way to their last state championship. He took a beating from our defense, but kept playing like he'd never been hit. I'm very glad he's taken this opportunity to step up like he has and show us all the winner that he is. I'm betting on him to start next year, although I'm still intrigued by the potential of Derek Thompson. Riley Dodge doesn't back off from a challenge.

I think what we are seeing is a kid , who had the burden of his dad's job career sit heavily on him for the past few years , finally be able to play w/o all the pressure in the world on his shoulders. IMO all those turnovers were Riley just trying to do to much. He will still have to's , but not near as many.

If we did bring in a whole new staff they would have to have the same type of offensive philosophy as Chico. This team doesn't need a new system to learn. Insert some nice JUCO OL and this team will score a ton of points and be very dangerous next season

I think what we are seeing is a kid , who had the burden of his dad's job career sit heavily on him for the past few years , finally be able to play w/o all the pressure in the world on his shoulders. IMO all those turnovers were Riley just trying to do to much. He will still have to's , but not near as many.

If we did bring in a whole new staff they would have to have the same type of offensive philosophy as Chico. This team doesn't need a new system to learn. Insert some nice JUCO OL and this team will score a ton of points and be very dangerous next season

I tend to agree with your assessment of Riley. I continue to be VERY impressed with this young man's gutsy play. I haven't seen this much guts in a QB since Scott Hall. And (to give everyone a little history lesson) before that it was Jordan Case.

I don't know what our O-line situation is for next year, but it's not as dire as our D-line situation. Coach Canales talked about that in one of his recent interviews and I totally agree with him when he said that great teams have great D-lines. Interesting comment from someone who has spent his career as an OC. To me it means he can see the big picture.

Anyway, I can see Coach Canales talking to some juco D-linemen about helping North Texas get back to a bowl next year and helping us become a GREAT program.

Even his detractors will have to admit that the guy can really PROMOTE.

Anyway, back to Mr. Riley Dodge. IMHO this young man is fast becoming the MVP for this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

personally, i don't think he's stepped up. he's been this way the whole time. he fought through injuries last year too as well as the freshman learning curve. he's been this way the whole time he's been here. in my opinion...he's our mvp for this year, without question.

A few games back, he broke his wrist in the first quarter and finished the game. Riley had me there.

Great to have him now, and it will be great to have him as a part of the Meangreen Nation of the future. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as our coach sometime down the road. Kind of like Bush Jr. finishing up the job started by Bush Sr. . :D

Let's hope it is nothing like that.

• Upvote 2

He is definitely a dedicated and classy player. It is obvious that he has his heart in this program and is not going to let anything stop him from giving his all. I think that he has definitely learned from his mistakes in the past and is becoming a much wiser quarterback. He had some great plays yesterday and didn't make too many mistakes. One of the plays that sticks out to me was a 3rd and 11 (I think) in the second half that he faked the pass off to Dunbar and ran it himself to get the first down. Good stuff.

I tend to agree with your assessment of Riley. I continue to be VERY impressed with this young man's gutsy play. I haven't seen this much guts in a QB since Scott Hall. And (to give everyone a little history lesson) before that it was Jordan Case.

I don't know what our O-line situation is for next year, but it's not as dire as our D-line situation. Coach Canales talked about that in one of his recent interviews and I totally agree with him when he said that great teams have great D-lines. Interesting comment from someone who has spent his career as an OC. To me it means he can see the big picture.

Anyway, I can see Coach Canales talking to some juco D-linemen about helping North Texas get back to a bowl next year and helping us become a GREAT program.

Even his detractors will have to admit that the guy can really PROMOTE.

Anyway, back to Mr. Riley Dodge. IMHO this young man is fast becoming the MVP for this season.

I think we're in pretty darn good shape next year with the OL

We've got Fortenberry, Thomlison, Feeley, and don't forget JJ Johnson should be back - we'll need to find the right left tackle - that's where a JUCO might be the answer - but we do have some redshirt guys that might also step up

Go Mean Green!

Gagree x 2