Inside Scoop

Rock

Okay ... last post for a while but eppy4life really made me laugh to myself. And he didnt respond with some crap

statement like some others who obviously have nothing else to do but find it easier to complain and make fun than

talk about the matter at hand. Sorry for any inconvenience, but dont want others to be affected.

That being said, it is somebody currently on the Florida State coaching staff. I hear there have been

discussions, yet it is not a "done deal" ... something that is being discussed seriously.

I promise to add more after I get some more insight and verify things.

Take care.

Well...your probably not going to get any more insight after you just blabbed it on a message board. You remind me of someone...Are you sure you're not my wife?

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 2

Jimbo Fisher Florida State Head Coach

Rick Trickett Assistant Head Coach & Offensive Line Coach

Greg Hudson Assistant Head Coach & Linebackers Coach

Mark Stoops Defensive Coordinator & Secondary Coach

James Coley Offensive Coordinator & Tight End Coach

Dameyune Craig Quarterbacks Coach & Recruiting Coordinator

Lawrence Dawsey Passing Game Coordinator & Wide Receivers Coach

Darin Eliot Defensive Ends Coach

Eddie Gran Associated Head Coach, Running Backs & Special Teams Coach

Odell Haggins Defensive Line Coach

Vic Viloria Strength & Conditioning Coach

yeah...I am going to go with Mark or Vic Viloria on this one (just cause our bones don't seem to hold up)

Okay ... last post for a while but eppy4life really made me laugh to myself. And he didnt respond with some crap

statement like some others who obviously have nothing else to do but find it easier to complain and make fun than

talk about the matter at hand. Sorry for any inconvenience, but dont want others to be affected.

That being said, it is somebody currently on the Florida State coaching staff. I hear there have been

discussions, yet it is not a "done deal" ... something that is being discussed seriously.

I promise to add more after I get some more insight and verify things.

Take care.

did you mean u.florida staff instead?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_McCarney

Edited by LoveMG

yeah...I am going to go with Mark or Vic Viloria on this one (just cause our bones don't seem to hold up)

It's plainly the last guy, the strength & conditioning coach. Viloria ... Villareal ... can't be a coincidence.

Mark Stoops? Don't know much about rest of staff but his name stood out when I looked at the coaching list.

http://www.floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1061&CID=89667

FSU bio page on Mark Stoops...

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/stoops_mark00.html

I guess he could be considered a "name" guy although it's by relation. Defensive experience would be welcomed. No head coaching experience, spent one year at UH, was the Ariz recruiter for North Texas. I hope he has HC leadership qualities because we don't need on-the-job training for 3 years again. At 43 I think this would be a steping-stone job for him but hey if he wins and gets a BCS job we are better off than now.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1

Check this out guys....

When with Arizona, Stoops was the recruiter for North Texas.

"He was recruited by Arizona defensive coordinator Mark Stoops, who recruits North Texas."

http://www.dallasblog.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=856268

Looks like he may have built a few connections in the area.....perhaps. It is just a little bit of information. But, the fact that he has recruited this area would certainly add another piece to the puzzle, if there is one.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 2

You can get a prescription for that problem ya know!

Well then, I guess you'll be heading downtown then.

You've got to go downtown, LoveMG. It's all downtown.

Just like the song says. There's your answer. Downtown.

"Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city. Linger on the sidewalk, where the neon lights are pretty."

Where the neon lights are pretty... The Broadway area?

Check this out guys....

When with Arizona, Stoops was the recruiter for North Texas.

"He was recruited by Arizona defensive coordinator Mark Stoops, who recruits North Texas."

http://www.dallasblo...pdf=1&id=856268

Looks like he may have built a few connections in the area.....perhaps. It is just a little bit of information. But, the fact that he has recruited this area would certainly add another piece to the puzzle, if there is one.

Very nice find akriesman! +1. I have no doubt that through his connections this guy will know who the top talent in the area is. That in itself is part of the battle.

I don't have a clue if Rock's post is bull or not, but remember Chuck Neinas recommending Jimbo Fisher (current FSU HC) for a position not long ago? Now, Chuck might be recommending his buddy's buddy; Mark Stoops. At least we recognize the last name? No real "OOOH" or "AHHHH"; however, he does appear to be a real college coach. Baby steps, I suppose.

Neinas recommended Jimbo for the SDSU job, but that was five years ago. Jimbo was then hired by FSU as the so-called Coach in Waiting to replace Bobby Bowden.

With all the family connections Mark Stoops has, if you guys could get him it would be a real coup IMO. However, I'm very skeptical about him taking a job with an SBC school. Consider that Mike Stoops jumped into head coaching in the Pac-10.

Neinas recommended Jimbo for the SDSU job, but that was five years ago. Jimbo was then hired by FSU as the so-called Coach in Waiting to replace Bobby Bowden.

With all the family connections Mark Stoops has, if you guys could get him it would be a real coup IMO. However, I'm very skeptical about him taking a job with an SBC school. Consider that Mike Stoops jumped into head coaching in the Pac-10.

I think the concern regarding this being an SBC job relates more to money than anything else. If UNT gets the money part of the equation right it can work. If I am Mark Stoops I need a non BCS school to help elevate me to the BCS level position. If UNT will pay for high level assistants to join Stoops this can work. Remember, our past salary for a head coach was in some cases below what a BCS coordinator would be paid. That's why the funding on this job - for both the head coach AND ASSISTANTS is so critical.

Rock deserves some credit on this one guys. He is a long term fan of the program and was involved back in the early years of this site.

Rock it's been a long time buddy. I hope you and your family are well! Go Mean Green!

I agree thanks Rock!

AS far as assistants and pay are concerned. Here is USF's 2009 Coaching Salary Pool. USF Coaching Pool Now what is ours or better yet what is our Yearly Average Revenue for Football?

• Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...