Why Wait?

shaft

We all know Dodge is not going to be the head coach next year so why wait to make the announcement?

What the advantages of waiting to fire Dodge?

In this sissified World today, you have to 'be nice' and 'don't hate'. Especially with a 'classy' Person like Dodge, no matter if he's run the Football Program into Dante's 6th Level of Hell, and only knows how to call a Timeout...with ANOTHER Timeout! So, he gets the rest of this Season, and probably next Year as well...'cause he's so NIIIIIIIIIIICE! Hell, name the freakin' New Stadium after Him...since his .143 Overall Won/Loss Record means absolutely NOTHING, because he's 'classy'!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

godstop.jpg

I think this post could go one of two ways. Are talking about stopping Dodge or this type of post? :)

I don't think Dodge will be fired at midseason. It probably should happen, but I don't think anyone in this admin or enough of the fans around here have the stones to do it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This type of thread. We have multiple fire dodge now, dodge is a classy guy, who should be the replacement coach, give him till the end of the season threads on this board already. Post in one of them if you have an opinion. There is no need at this point to start a new thread on the subject unless you're trying to stir the pot or you think your opinion should be heard a bit louder than the one contained within said threads.

• Upvote 6

I expect the team to beat FIU and WKY to go 3-9 for the year. Dodge will be fired in mid-November, but will finish out the season. So why wait? We all know this is what is going to happen.

I think firing Dodge this week might actually give the fan base something to care about for homecoming.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I wish this hire had worked. I hate that so many things seem to have bounced the wrong way, this season. I feel like a 100% healthy team is probably 4-2 at this point.

Agree...

Last year "if" we had won all those close 4'th quarter games that probably would have given TDodge the capital he would have needed this Fall to come back in light of all those injuries...but it was not mean't to be.

DD had his turnaround with a healthy football team and a 1'st year in operation SBC...TDodge will not have such a turnaround because half his squad is in the MASH unit.

Todd Dodge will rebound somewhere else nice because of his prior reputation among his statewide peers and lets face it, fellow alums, UNT does have the reputation as a coach's graveyard at this moment in time (although IMHO that description will soon end, too, because of what is in our near future across from Fouts. (I know some of us are putting a lot of pressure on this stadium doing everything except maybe curing cancer, but I think in due time we will all be amazed what this edifice will do for the psyche of the entire UNT community, ie, the City of Denton, Denton County, UNT Academia, DFW Exes and mostly, UNT Athletics. Wish we would have built this twent'.............oh, hellbells, nevermind! :rolleyes:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I wish this hire had worked. I hate that so many things seem to have bounced the wrong way, this season. I feel like a 100% healthy team is probably 4-2 at this point.

I was thinking about this yesterday. There is little doubt in my mind that we would be at least 3-3 and (3-0 in the Belt) with minimal injuries. ULL and Ark State were begging us to take those games. Rice was there for the taking. But, we completely botched that winnable game with a mostly healthy roster.

I was thinking about this yesterday. There is little doubt in my mind that we would be at least 3-3 and (3-0 in the Belt) with minimal injuries. ULL and Ark State were begging us to take those games. Rice was there for the taking. But, we completely botched that winnable game with a mostly healthy roster.

I'd like to think that this is true, but the inability of our TD coached teams to win the close ones has gone way beyond coincidence. It will be interesting to see from here on out if we finally have a kicking game that is at least dependable enough to make a high school team proud.

Does a healthy team cause TD to call a TO 14 seconds earlier this past week?

Does a healthy team keep and extra point from being blocked the week before?

I guess the argument is that a heathy team isn't in the above situations? I just don't believe that a healthy team gives this team 4 wins at this point. It might give one more, but we have learned in the previous 3 years that there is always something that keeps us from winning.