Smu Vs Tcu Tonight

emmitt01

Not that i would ever compliment SMUt on anything on purpose, but they have pulled out all the stops to "fill the ford" tonight. Makes me wonder how much they paid for that slogan (about what we paid Neinas Im guessing). Anyway, with the #4 team in the country, and their biggest "rival", coming in I wonder what attendance will be. I know theyll announce SRO but I'll be watching to see how many sections are empty, filled with purple or filled with local boy scout troops. Besides, SMU cant compete with local high school football or date night.

Not that i would ever compliment SMUt on anything on purpose, but they have pulled out all the stops to "fill the ford" tonight. Makes me wonder how much they paid for that slogan (about what we paid Neinas Im guessing). Anyway, with the #4 team in the country, and their biggest "rival", coming in I wonder what attendance will be. I know theyll announce SRO but I'll be watching to see how many sections are empty, filled with purple or filled with local boy scout troops. Besides, SMU cant compete with local high school football or date night.

I bet the stadium is completely full tonight, just with more purple than red...I can't imagine it won't be full unless the smu season ticket holders just don't show up. TCU will gobble up whats left of the tickets.

I bet the stadium is completely full tonight, just with more purple than red...I can't imagine it won't be full unless the smu season ticket holders just don't show up. TCU will gobble up whats left of the tickets.

I read earlier this week that SMU's AD had to open up far more tickets for TCU to acquire in that the demand was off the charts. This would surely reflect that you can expect around a 60/40 split tonight in SMU's favor as far as butts in the seats.

yes, this one was tough. I think the frogs went on to win C-USA. Of course we went on to win the BCS national championship New Orleans Bowl so suck on that, Frog-tards.

I grew up in Ft. Worth and am very happy for GP and the Frog's success...but I can't help but think back to standing next to Green Lantern in the southwest end zone thinking that we had every chance in the world to win that game everytime I see that #4 next to TCU...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sickening that there is a marquee game between DFW schools that are leaving us in the dust.

CORRECTION: One that has left us in the dust; and, the other, which is rapidly doing so.

Oh no.

I'm assuming you're saying Allen left us in the dust and Plano High School is rapidly doing so?

I grew up in Ft. Worth and am very happy for GP and the Frog's success...but I can't help but think back to standing next to Green Lantern in the southwest end zone thinking that we had every chance in the world to win that game everytime I see that #4 next to TCU...

I grew up there too and my husband and I went to the game rooting for UNT and thinking the same exact thing. It was tough because we were there with the rest of my family which are either TCU alums or fans or employees. They still talk smack about that game.

I'm willing to bet that the split will be about 50/50. Maybe even more frogs than smuts. Every home game for TCU is either sold out or just about sold out with the exception of the game they played against....Ten. Tech (I think). I was going to go to the game last weekend but couldn't find a darn ticket. Not even after they released 2,000 SRO tickets.

I'm rooting for the Frogs. I always do unless they are playing against us.

I grew up there too and my husband and I went to the game rooting for UNT and thinking the same exact thing. It was tough because we were there with the rest of my family which are either TCU alums or fans or employees. They still talk smack about that game.

I'm willing to bet that the split will be about 50/50. Maybe even more frogs than smuts. Every home game for TCU is either sold out or just about sold out with the exception of the game they played against....Ten. Tech (I think). I was going to go to the game last weekend but couldn't find a darn ticket. Not even after they released 2,000 SRO tickets.

I'm rooting for the Frogs. I always do unless they are playing against us.

Where did you go to high school? CBL, how about you? I grew up there, too. Graduated from Southwest in '91. Always liked TCU, felt bad for them when they got screwed by the SWC breakup, and I now laugh at their fans always griping about not being in an AQ league, even though that has really helped them become the program that they have become.

Where did you go to high school? CBL, how about you? I grew up there, too. Graduated from Southwest in '91. Always liked TCU, felt bad for them when they got screwed by the SWC breakup, and I now laugh at their fans always griping about not being in an AQ league, even though that has really helped them become the program that they have become.

Arlington Heights '01...TCU used to do $7 tickets with a high school student ID...got to see a lot of L.T.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

June Jones doesn't sound too thrilled about tonight's game having more purple in the stands for SMU's "home" game. Here's a quote from today's DMN story

Sherrington: Getting Mustangs Mania to match Frogs Fever will take a while, but it can be done:

Looking forward to the packed house, June Jones?

"Well, I am," the SMU coach said, "but I think there's going to be about 25,000 TCU fans."

Arlington Heights '01...TCU used to do $7 tickets with a high school student ID...got to see a lot of L.T.

We used to go to lots of games as well back in the SWC days in Ft. Worth. I still love watching games at that stadium. You mentioned that UNT loss in 2002 earlier, which was the game where the Dickey Draw play was really at play, hence the frustration for losing 16-10. But nothing will compare to the 2000 game in Ft. Worth when our fanbase simultaneously started yelling "Throw the Ball" at our sidelines. Our only points were a FG that got setup by a fake punt. My TCU friends were laughing so hard, while we continued to run a draw play on 3rd down and gladly sent out the punter. That was my "sigh" game, where I remember going into the 4th quarter, thinking, "Man, we are only 10 down here and will have the ball to open the 4th. This is where we open it up and win this game." Well, we handed the ball off three straight plays, ran off about three minutes off the clock when we punted, and TCU went down and scored. Our coaches just wanted to get out of the stadium with healthy bodies and the paycheck. It was a shame, too, because we totally held LT in check that day (less than 100 yards), and he ran for 400 yards in his next game against UTEP, IIRC!!

Edited by untjim1995