What I Don't Want To See Happen On Saturday

Harry

1). The offense lines up on the line appears that they are about to hike the ball and then they turn to the sidelines with that "what the frag do we do now" look.

2). ESPNU Announcer: "And on this first possession of the game, the UNT kick returner is taking a major chance running the ball 4 yards deep of the end zone..."

3). ESPNU Announcer: "Nice 2-yard curl route completion on third down for North Texas but looks like we'll need to bring out the chains..."

4). "Nice play there by the North Texas State linebacker...."

5). A halftime promo for UNT that focuses on "The Power of Ideas" and does not include any pictures of the new stadium!!!!

9) The commercial played during halftime includes: "UNT: The Leading University of the DFW Area"

I saw in the new temp presidents email today that he used that phrase. Maybe he thought it was original.

• Upvote 1

"Dadgum, the Tigers are really gouging the North Texas defensive line, Cletus. They have been all day. The Mean Green just can't seem to come up with a stop when they need it. Delbert Jeffries has had all day in the pocket--when he's had to pass."

"First time I've seen this UNT team, Abner. And let me tell you, they really need some more beef across the front. This Clemson ground attack has got to be wearing them down. More from Death Valley after a word from Levi Garrett..."

I don't want to see Parker shred the secondary. I understand he'll get his, but I hope he doesn't just decimate us.

I don't want to see the offense score only single digits.

I don't want to see more than 1 turnover on offense (I really don't want to see any, but against this team, 1 is excusable).

I don't want to see kicking woes.

I don't want to see more than 1 long kick/punt return due to poor ST coverage (again, I don't want to see any, but 1 is excusable). No scores for Clemson's kick/punt return teams!

I don't want to see any injuries.

I don't want to hear ESPNU announcers call us "North Texas State", or any other misnomer.

Lastly, and most importantly, whatever the score, I don't want to see the Mean Green playing below 100% effort at any point in the game.

If we don't see any of these things, we'll keep this game close, if not have a chance to win.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

IT'S ANOTHER MEAN GREEN.....................missed field goal! :o (Oh, wait a minute, the referee now says it was good! HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN, MEAN GREEN FANS!

Seriously, once our young field goal kicker learns to kick field goals w/o a tee (which they do in TX HS FB), I think we will be fine (or at least better than what we've been lateley which has been.......not so good).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

"UNT comes out of their timeout at their own 17. Flag on the play and it's another delay of game for 5 yards."

"3rd and 15 from the UNT 20 and there's another zone read for a loss of 2."

"10:28 to go in the first half and the Clemson 3rd string looks pretty tired out there."

• Upvote 1

Pam Ward " that brings up 4th & long for the Mean Green... oh what is this ? "

Danny Kannel "And there goes a UNT fan onto the field...Oh wait he is naked ! Folks we have a steaker on the field...looks like he has a firefighter helmet on .."

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 5