Byu To Rejoin Wac In All Sports Except Football?

NT80

Once Boise State left, the remaining WAC members -- Fresno State, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada and Utah State -- signed a $5 million buyout agreement that would be assessed to any member that left the conference within the next five years. The schools took that move to keep other members from following the Broncos to the MWC.

ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5473151

Once Boise State left, the remaining WAC members -- Fresno State, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada and Utah State -- signed a $5 million buyout agreement that would be assessed to any member that left the conference within the next five years. The schools took that move to keep other members from following the Broncos to the MWC.

ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5473151

So if a slot in CUSA opens up, it costs La Tech $5 exit fees plus more money in entrance fees to jump to where they really want to be? That doesn't make a lot of sense that they would agree to that.

Admittedly the MWC would be a better situation but I'd want to see a guarantee that TCU stays (saving an invite from the Big 12-2).

With Utah and Brigham Young gone I'm thinking that the Mountain West has lost a lot of its allure for TCU. With less than stellar marquis names, and the distance involved, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Frogs receptive to CUSA once again.

Admittedly the MWC would be a better situation but I'd want to see a guarantee that TCU stays (saving an invite from the Big 12-2).

With Utah and Brigham Young gone I'm thinking that the Mountain West has lost a lot of its allure for TCU. With less than stellar marquis names, and the distance involved, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Frogs receptive to CUSA once again.

Didn't Boise State just join the MWC? Football-wise, adding them makes up for the loss of Utah and (possibly) BYU combined.

• Upvote 1

Rumor now is Boise may back out of the MWC deal and return to the WAC...

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/SLC_Outlet_Mountain_West_Loses_BYU_Maybe_Boise/3073193

How would this impact the MWC if both BYU and Boise left? Unfortunately, I don't think this helps UNT's efforts to move up. If the MWC implodes then several of these schools could look to CUSA for entry (TCU?, New Mexico, AF, CSU?). A loss of a non-BCS conference will hurt supply and demand for us.

Edited by NT80