Podcast Scheduled With Rv Tomorrow

Harry

We will try to take the best questions posted on here and ask RV when we meet with him tomorrow. Just post your questions here in this thread and we will try and get as many to him as we can in the time allotted. GMG!

Some insight on who we might open the stadium against.

His realistic expectations for the football team this season.

His thoughts on interim president Rawlings and what he's been able/ will do for UNT athletics.

Timetable for baseball's return to UNT once the stadium is complete.

• Upvote 2

I know the focus right now is heavy on football, but that can be a very sore subject and a lot of the questions on that front aren't particularly pleasant.

I'd like to hear at least a little bit about RV's hopes (not expectations, just his green-colored glasses hopes) for the basketball season ahead and what he thinks this team can accomplish if everyone stays healthy. Also, how far does he think we can go to hold on to JJ if we have another good year and the bigger basketball schools start knocking?

And, if there's time... I'd like to know if he has any insights on whether the SBC is going to extend the basketball tournament deal with Hot Springs past this year. All signs are that they will, but nobody has officially said anything yet. It'd be interesting to know, particularly given the growing number of GMG fans that make the trip every year, what sort of discussions the ADs and conference officials have had about the long term future of the event.

Is 7 wins still what it takes for Dodge to continue at UNT, and is that a hard clear line?

This.

I wanna know if he too feels that 6-6 is insufficient given the looong road to jettisoning the HS assistants and adopting other nuances that almost all college programs take for granted.

Any thoughts on realignment? Is a regional conference or membership in Western Division C-USA in the realm of hope or possibility? What are his thoughts on budget allocation to athletics post student fee? Is this enough to set coaches' salaries and benefits at a competitive level to attract and retain those head coaches and assistants to maintain a competitive program not only in the SBC, but to occasionally surprise a BCS opponent? :rolleyes:

What is our, being the NT athletic department, greatest need at this time? Strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for the department?

With the stadium being the vision for so long, where does RV shift his attention now as far as long term goals for the department.

Would like RV's thoughts for the next stage of moving NT forward with the consultant feedback. Does he invision that there could be a new conference formed from C-USA West teams and some SBC teams. If so how many teams (total number) would be involved?

Would also like his thoughts on the state of NT football. Personally I would love to see Coach Dodge succeed as he has upgraded the quality of athlete both from quality of character, and role model for the community.

Stadium rendering of the finished project?

Timetable for widening Bonnie Brae?

Is it too late to clip the Wing?

Rendering of the expanded stadium (50k) Exactly how will they modify it?

Plans for a jumbotron over half court (SuperPit)

Timetable for women's basketball?

Timetable for a new track?

How long will Fouts be around?

Will there be signage as you enter Mean Green Village?

Has SMU officially said "No" to North Texas?

• Downvote 1

I would like to know if there are any concrete plans to upgrade the Super Pit in the near future: luxury boxes, central ticket box office, jumbotron (mentioned by Cooley), etc.

Properly marketing the basketball program?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some of these have already been mentioned:

1. Could the future stadium gift shop have game-worn equipment and jerseys for sale like Texas State and others do?

2. Will Bonnie Brae be widened before the 2011 season? The entrance off it, and the TXDOT barrier storage yard, detracts from the Mean Green Village's appearance.

3. What is the status of a possible pedestrian bridge over I-35 to the Fouts parking lots and/or shuttles?

4. Timeline for a Baseball program; will it involve Title IX balancing or mainly funding and facility issues?

5. Pres. Rawlins indicated he wanted to see more NT Athletics marketing into DFW, is that in future plans?

6. Does UNT have a standing offer to join the WAC or would we consider such an offer? Beyond the SBC what is UNT's future conference goals and is the consultant's report part of determining this direction? Has the SBC asked Notre Dame to join, or why not (ha)?

7. Is this where you pictured UNT Athletics in 2010; which areas are better or worse?

8. Beyond more season tickets and donations, what can the Mean Green Nation do for you to help?

• Upvote 4

Is 7 wins still what it takes for Dodge to continue at UNT, and is that a hard clear line?

I know that this is a question that has been answered before and many of us would like confirmation that answer has not changed. However, I see zero benefit in publicly acknowledging that a 7-win ultimatum exists.

• Upvote 2

Since the start of construction on the new stadium, has there been more interest in donations from alumni and outside businesses, is there any movement on the naming rights front, and does he have any projection for MGC membership or season ticket sales?

What does he think it will take to get the alumni to give back to the program at a level befitting essentially the 3rd largest university in Texas, and does he foresee tangible improvement in this area near term? Is winning enough?

Yes....BASEBALL, BASEBALL, BASEBALL

Everytime I go up to the new stadium site, I look across the street and get excited about the prospects of a baseball stadium where the empty field is...

This...

Timetable for a baseball stadium and sponsoring men's baseball - and also what women's sport would be added to keep Title IX compliant (I assume we would have to add another women's sport - but could be wrong).