Leach Fired

untStein

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will almost certainly go to court and Leach will contest he was fired without cause.

I wonder what the fallout for the program will be? While Leach wasn't everyone's favorite coach, the fan base may revolt. The athletic program may lose millions of dollars.

Edited by UNTFan23

Leach may be a good X's and O's guy but he is a PR nightmare for a school.

Really? This might be a bit overstated. He's bold and brash, but only with schools he knows he is favored against, his players don't generally get in trouble, he graduates them well and I cannot recall a major scandal before this highly suspicious shed fiasco. If Leach is a PR nightmare, then so was 1990s Steve Spurrier.

Really? This might be a bit overstated. He's bold and brash, but only with schools he knows he is favored against, his players don't generally get in trouble, he graduates them well and I cannot recall a major scandal before this highly suspicious shed fiasco. If Leach is a PR nightmare, then so was 1990s Steve Spurrier.

I propose we remake Scrappy again... Instead of Eppy, call him "Polly". Email Leach the Daffy Eagle logo design and tell him it's a parrot, and we'll have the mascot sit on his shoulder through each game and press appearance.

If we had a Diet Coke Boy for so many years, we can find a little person or a small child and put them in a parrot suit for a few hours a day if it means we could get Mike Leach to come here.

I hope TD is on the phone to all of the Tech commitments that we had previously offered. Not that they will necessarily come here, but just to let them know the door is still open. Please start with the DTs and DEs.

Should be something Dodge and the other Recuiters should do. But I seriously think the overall ambiance of the Llano Estacado will win these recuits over. I mean, tortillas filling the lower Panhandle air, overlooking Eastern New Mexico from the Women's Dorm, and wundermidget Brian Jensen's Toupee Museum?! How can 'ya beat that? :w00t:

I hope Tech tells the litttle James to "beat it" as well.

Honor his scholorship if he wants to stay at Tech, but there is no way he can continue to be a member of that team.

If I were the new coach, that is what I would do. Love ya James, but I'll love ya more somewhere else.

Good luck and see ya... and take your $MU Jerk dad with you.

One Wierdo + One Jerk = Disaster.. if given enough time.

Edited by UNT86