Leach Fired

untStein

IF TD doesn't do his job next year, and Little James transfers to North Texas to be closer to home, wouldn't it be ironic if we hired Leach the following year after Leach and Little James take next year off? I'd love to see the look on Big James' face if that happened. I know some people who feel they were financially burned by him a few years back who would definitely get a good laugh.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be something Dodge and the other Recuiters should do. But I seriously think the overall ambiance of the Llano Estacado will win these recuits over. I mean, tortillas filling the lower Panhandle air, overlooking Eastern New Mexico from the Women's Dorm, and wundermidget Brian Jensen's Toupee Museum?! How can 'ya beat that? :w00t:

And the fact that all the beer stores are conveniently located in one place -- outside the city limits.

I hope Tech tells the litttle James to "beat it" as well.

Honor his scholorship if he wants to stay at Tech, but there is no way he can continue to be a member of that team.

If I were the new coach, that is what I would do. Love ya James, but I'll love ya more somewhere else.

Good luck and see ya... and take your $MU Jerk dad with you.

One Wierdo + One Jerk = Disaster.. if given enough time.

Can't argue with the jerk comment. Before he went to smu, he was just a regular middle class apartment kid raised by a single mom in West Houston, who also happened to be one Hell of a high school football player. By the time he finished at smu, the jerkism had crept in pretty strongly IMO.

This is off topic, but it's funny. I read over some of the hottest threads on that website and, I mean, for a Pirate ship program, where's the hijacking I was told a week or so ago that supposedly goes on everywhere else?

Rick

The force is strong with this one.

From just one thread there:

Posted: Today 12:54 PM

This is an indictment on today's society

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it appears as if a coach hurts a pu$$y player's feelings... all they have to do is run it up the flagpole and get the coach fired.

Sad day for Tech... and sad day for college football.

RE: This is an indictment on today's society

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yup

it's the Pussfication of America

we can all thank Obama for the CHANGE he has brought to our great country

I'm not an obama fan but I hope this is sarcasm.

Im an OSU fan, so i have no stake in this. But that is EXACTLY what Ive been thinking.

Joe Pa, Bear Bryant, Eddie Sutton, Bob Knight, just some names, if this happened in their primes, this would have not only been a non story, but expected. Some of those old school guys must just be sick right now. Sounds like AJ should have taken up golf.

First, our "fearless leaders" in Congress pass a horrendous health care bill that many of them didn't bother reading, committing generational theft in the process by taking money from their children and grandchildren to pay for it...

Now the Texas Tech "Administration" (I use the term loosely) fires their winningest football coach because some kid (note: a kid, not a man) whines to his helicopter dad about getting his feelings hurt because he wouldn't put forth the effort...

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?!?!?

Both events are an indictment of how entitled and wimpy our society has become. The Founding Fathers of our country, if they were alive today, would be absolutely stunned and embarrassed by this turn of events...

I couldnt agree more. We have been witnissing the wussification of our society my entire life. Anyone who is happy this has happened is a complete moron and part of the problem.

This aint about football people.

Re: This is an indictment on today's society

Remember, during the presidential election, people were worried because France and Spain didn't "like" us and wanted to win their approval. We get further and further away from principles based society and closer and closer to squeaky wheel/easy road mentality. Thanks GM and company - you are masquerading as conservatives.

thenickTTU wrote: we can all thank Obama for the CHANGE he has brought to our great country

This started long before Obama ever seriously even thought about going into politics. It goes beyond just football. It is part of the reason we are losing jobs overseas. Look at that FL poster from the RedKnights recently. He doesn't feel like teachers should be held accountable to teach kids.

Everyone in America now thinks they are someone and shouldn't have to put forth much work. We've long since lost our Protestant Work Ethic this country was founded on. When I was a kid, we used to say hard work is its own reward and nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done. Now it is just "I did my best or "At least I tried".

It isn't just sports. It is everywhere. We're not a very tough group of people any more but we can sure complain about it and blame everyone else for it.

donaldmc wrote: it's the Pussfication of America

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000

Sad

donaldmc wrote: it's the Pussfication of America

Yep. Been happening for awhile now. It's especially prevalent up here in Seattle where boys no longer grow up to be men, but little pussies. If there's a fight at school (at any level), you can't even fight back because you will get suspended as well. The founding fathers of this country and the men who built this country throughout its early days must be rolling over in their graves to see how pathetic we've become.

Thank you soccer moms and liberal media.

TechNote wrote:

thenickTTU wrote: we can all thank Obama for the CHANGE he has brought to our great country

This started long before Obama ever seriously even thought about going into politics. It goes beyond just football. It is part of the reason we are losing jobs overseas. Look at that FL poster from the RedKnights recently. He doesn't feel like teachers should be held accountable to teach kids.

Everyone in America now thinks they are someone and shouldn't have to put forth much work. We've long since lost our Protestant Work Ethic this country was founded on. When I was a kid, we used to say hard work is its own reward and nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done. Now it is just "I did my best or "At least I tried".

It isn't just sports. It is everywhere. We're not a very tough group of people any more but we can sure complain about it and blame everyone else for it.

And to the original poster: did you hurt your arms making that ridiculous of a reach?

------------------------------------------------------

Well, at least we can compete with Tech in one type of arena. Let's roll!

This is off topic, but it's funny. I read over some of the hottest threads on that website and, I mean, for a Pirate ship program, where's the hijacking I was told a week or so ago that supposedly goes on everywhere else?

Rick

You may think you're starting a new idea around here, but you are definitely not a Gerald Myers. :P

Edited by greenminer

Well, at least we can compete with Tech in one type of arena. Let's roll!

That entire thread stayed with the same theme of the day? That spoiled brat gets his way because of his Daddy. There were attempts, sure. But in my oppinion it's not even close to GMG.com hijackage.

And back on topic, I hate to remind people here, but we don't have an opening so you can leave your coaching fantasies at the door for at least another season.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

The 2 Tech alums/season ticket holders I know are furious. Good luck finding another coach who can recruit to the wasteland that is Lubbock, Texas. What LKeach did there is a minor miracle.

brilesmain.jpg

Art Briles

Bachelor's Degree - Texas Tech, 1979

Running backs coach - Texas Tech, 2000-2002

If I were a Baylor fan, I'd be worried about the situation that has developed at Tech. It's not a pipe dream that Tech could take Briles away from Baylor. He's familiar with the program and has had some good history there.

Also, Briles probably would save the Top 25 recruiting class Mike Leach has built for the 2010 signing period because the offenses they run are comparable.

Can't argue with the jerk comment. Before he went to smu, he was just a regular middle class apartment kid raised by a single mom in West Houston, who also happened to be one Hell of a high school football player. By the time he finished at smu, the jerkism had crept in pretty strongly IMO.

Craig James grew up in Houston! HS All-All American at Stratford. I have always liked James as a player and person. Can't believe Leach would jack with the son of a high profile college analyst. Hopefully Dodge won't mistreat the Dunham kid.

Oops! Thought that was West Texas.

Edited by Cooley

The Texas Tech program had a complete implosion in just a few days. Amazing how everything can come crashing down in a short amount of time.

I really wish NT had an opening this season compared to next year. Damn...It's not like we have anything to look forward to for the next season.

It will be interesting where Mike Leach will end up after all of this and who is succesor might be.

I think Tech has some rock solid facts about this case to let Leach get suspended and fired in a few days, and im sure they did a complete internal investigation for some time.

Besides you dont punish someone who had a head injury and think he's faking it and make an example out of him for the rest of the team.

Texas Tech will go back to the days of medicore football, man how I wish we could just achieve that at our program

And back on topic, I hate to remind people here, but we don't have an opening so you can leave your coaching fantasies at the door for at least another season.

Rick

Although you are right, the fact that we are 5-31 in the last 3 seasons and have been dreadful is a reason why you would atleast try to inquire about the possibility of bringing in a guy like Mike Leach in. So yes there is no opening but in our situation there should always be an opening because this team is terrible and a guy like Mike Leach is out there on the market.

Don't know if this has been posted or not. It's from a Lubbock TV station...Leach's attorney shows reporters the "shed" and the other place where James was kept:

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ation-on-t.html

By the way.....I wouldn't let Leach's attorney represent me in a jaywalking case. (And I side with Leach in this deal for the most part).

brilesmain.jpg

Art Briles

Bachelor's Degree - Texas Tech, 1979

Running backs coach - Texas Tech, 2000-2002

If I were a Baylor fan, I'd be worried about the situation that has developed at Tech. It's not a pipe dream that Tech could take Briles away from Baylor. He's familiar with the program and has had some good history there.

Also, Briles probably would save the Top 25 recruiting class Mike Leach has built for the 2010 signing period because the offenses they run are comparable.

Yes, and the players that are there are for Leach's spread. Small receivers, gun slingers at QB, etc. It would be a challenge to go to a pro style or even a more traditional spread offense. Don't you think they have already approached Briles maybe through some back channels before pulling the trigger on Leach? This hire might settle the fan/alumni base down, and at least give them a lot of continuity in their program.

Edited by Green Dozer

Yes, and the players that are there are for Leach's spread. Small receivers, gun slingers at QB, etc. It would be a challenge to go to a pro style or even a more traditional spread offense. Don't you think they have already approached Briles maybe through some back channels before pulling the trigger on Leach? This hire might settle the fan/alumni base down, and at least give them a lot of continuity in their program.

While it may be a good hire, it will not settle their fan base down at all. The fan base is PI$$ED.

Sorry, but anyone who believes that this in any way is another example of the wussification of America is completely blind.

Leach ticked off many in the Tech administration after the 2008 season with the whole contract renegotiation fiasco. They are simply using Adam James to find a means to an end. Are those administrators going to regret firing Leach in this fashion? Absolutely.

I heard little james is headed to SMU.

The desire over on ponyfans.com is a mixed bag on whether he be welcomed/needed. I think they are leaning towards the NO side right now.

Not sure why any team would really want him due to the negative exposure he has brought to TTU.

Edited by UNTFan23

Has it been verified that James had been cleared for practice? I had read that on a DMNews blog.

Someone also posted that James showed up for practice wearing sunglasses......telling Leach that he couldn't practice because of the concussion.

If James had been cleared.....I think Leach did this to teach The Phony Express a lesson. Unfortunately it backfired on Leach.

Anyway, just speculation based on things I have read (that may or may not be true).