Uta= Unbelievably Tainted Athletics

DallasGreen

Congrats to the laughing stock of college basketball and their home court "stage" review. Not only did you clobber NT on the stage, you pulled off a bid without facing a talented SFA team. Enjoy it while you can 'cause like NT you'll be one and done in the NCAA. As an NT alum I'm sad to be passed by by an SLC team but with our admins and students I can't say we don't dserve what we have gotten-------- a lot of nothing. Just lies and promises of "potential".

Hmm.

First, we went to the dance last year without having to face the top seed as well.

Second, we finished this regular season with more wins than UTA.

Third, I wouldn't call UTA the "laughing stock of basketball". That honor goes to NJ Tech.

Fourth, our students showed up in strong numbers this season relative to previous years.

Finally, I feel good about what is happening in UNT basketball. Have you looked back at our number of wins per season before JJ came to town?

I'm sorry that your "last shred of pride" has gone.

Edited by UNTflyer

How exactly have we been passed by a SLC school? Their had to be a school from the conference to get in! So if we didn't get in it stands to reason a Southland conference school would make the Dance. Did they truly pass us by?

Edited by CMJ

Congrats to the laughing stock of college basketball and their home court "stage" review. Not only did you clobber NT on the stage, you pulled off a bid without facing a talented SFA team. Enjoy it while you can 'cause like NT you'll be one and done in the NCAA. As an NT alum I'm sad to be passed by by an SLC team but with our admins and students I can't say we don't dserve what we have gotten-------- a lot of nothing. Just lies and promises of "potential".

Useless rant.

This is the worst post ever. we won over 20 games again this season...

BeDWeTTeR

Is this football related? haha, seriously though, last time I checked uta DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM...taking this into account, I am pretty sure they have not passed us. They are also about to be slapped right back down into place when they take the court against memphis.

I watched most of the 2nd half of their game today. They had moments when they were in complete control and dominating. They also had moments when I think a high school JV team could have mopped the floor with them.

Close, your just a sad excuse for a UNT alum.

I was just thinking earlier today when I realized they might get in...why don't we wish them well. After all, they beat us this year, and unless it's OU or someone else I find distasteful, I think it makes us look good when our competition does well.

I agree 100%. Go Mavs.

I love this mentality...tear down the schools around you instead of building up with them.

Maybe you should swing by the Georgia board and let them know that they are sorriest BCS team to get in as well. I'm sure they'll think you're great.

---Sounds like we have some posters that are "green" with envy and not "Green" with pride. Congrats to our fellow "Texas universities" on making the NCAA March Madness and I wish them well against those "foreigners" (other than Belt teams) ....

--- In short: Let's not sound like we attended SMU ----

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Is this football related? haha, seriously though, last time I checked uta DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM...taking this into account, I am pretty sure they have not passed us. They are also about to be slapped right back down into place when they take the court against memphis.

---In case you haven't noticed... you are on the basketball thread, this is not a football thread.. If UTA pulls it off, they will be the first ever #16 to defeat a #1 seed ...Some day it will happen. Good luck . Marquette, Gonzaga, George Mason, Georgetown, and some others have very good basketball programs but don't have football programs either.

..... but with our admins and students I can't say we don't dserve what we have gotten-------- a lot of nothing. Just lies and promises of "potential".

My guess is you haven't been to a home men's basketball game in while....hundreds to thousands of students dressed in green t-shirts and crazed green wigs (plus a banana and a wizard) holding life size Josh White cardboard cut outs yelling their arses off, with RV coming by and slapping the students' hands, and an appreciative Mean Green team that never forgets to thank the student section....oh, and I forgot to mention 43 wins in 2 seasons.... I am as disappointed as you about not going to the NCAA tourny, but sorry DallasGreen, you don't know what you are talking about...

Edited by chrisfisher

---In case you haven't noticed... you are on the basketball thread, this is not a football thread.. If UTA pulls it off, they will be the first ever #16 to defeat a #1 seed ...Some day it will happen. Good luck . Marquette, Gonzaga, George Mason, Georgetown, and some others have very good basketball programs but don't have football programs either.

In case you didn't notice, this was moved from the football board to the basketball board, and was on the football board when I posted that. You might want to check your facts before you make it sound like I am stupid. Second, I was referring to our athletics as a whole. So I think it definitely pushes our athletics above theirs since we have football. Thanks for your concern though.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

I've been a mean green fan for many years. I have many fond memories of our very own Southland days. On the day that UTA plays Memphis, I will root for a Mavs upset of Memphis almost as much as I was last year. While I have no love for their stage, it would be a great thing for college basketball for the Mavs to upset the Tigers. It would make it a very sweet thing to see one of our local teams to be the first to upset a #1 seed. Well, maybe not if it were SMUt. It is also very hard for me to belittle a team that we lost to this year. GMG.