Baby Arm!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Texas

North Texas

North Texas

Next: Way below - Lobo Hoops Baby! The Pit with 17,000 strong howling sucked me in.

Next: MWC: Moved to NM when the old WAC was in tact and still love to follow almost all of MWC teams - exception TCU and SDSU

Next: UTEP: Went to a game between the Miners and Aggies with 52,000 strong in the Sun Bowl - the Miners were 3-0 and the Aggies were 2-1 I believe - Brother was in school there at the the time and singing "Ole, Ole, Ole" and jumping around with my peeps was FUN.

Next: Hawaii Mens Volleyball - believe it, it is a real sport out here. I could probably get into Woman's Volleyball because the crowds get crazy (7,000 strong) on most nights - but NO WAY (The Woman's Volleyball season is the exact same as college football - forget about it!) The Men's team plays in the spring during college hoops. So those games with beer and nachos in hand are pretty fun. Plus they play in a different league with UCLA, USC, BYU, Long Beach State, UC Santa Barbara...No other Hawaii team really does it for me.

Next: Just about any Pac 10 football - love the late night games in Oregon with the fog.

Next: In Texas - Go Texas Fightin Aggies! Sister is an Ag when Texas sucked and the Aggies had their way. Watched several battles in person back in the day. My how the maroon has struggled this past decade.

In the END - Like Rick - North Texas is the only team that really matters, and I do dawn my Mean Green gear at almost all of these events! Period.

In Texas

#2 is the Aggies. My dad is an Aggie, and I grew up thinking I wanted to be an Aggie too. I can still sing the fight song and school song from memory, and Kyle Field is one heck of a place to visit.

I also rule at Aggieopoly. Speaking of which.... are they ever going to get a North Texas-opoly? Every time the game store opens up in Vista Ridge Mall, I go in there and ask them for the game. But every time, they say they don't have it. sad.gif

1. Texas (my entire family and my wife graduated from UT and I grew up a Horn's fan). That being said, my loyalty is with my beloved Mean Green.

2. Penn State. It's a Joe Pa thing. He's the greatest college football coach, period!

3. Whoever plays TTech

4. Whoever plays U of Houston

5. Whoever plays SMU.

6. Whoever plays OU.

Texas Tech ...... they are SMU's next opponent.!!! Go Tech.!!! My 2ed favorite changes every week to SMU's next opponent..

---I also spent one year of Grad school at Tech and taught there. Wife graduated from there plus it is only 120 miles north of me. My two favorite Tech games (that I saw) are 1. The North Texas game in Lubbock that UNT came from behind that is now known as the tortillo game. 2. another one they lost to A&M in '67 when the Ed Hargett ,Aggie QB, could not find an open receiver and would up running fro 40 yards and the winning TD. That win eventually put them in the Cotton Bowl. I was wanting Tech to win but it was a great game and Dave Campbell Football placed it in one the greatest SWC games.

Notre Dame is my second choice. Born and raised 5 miles east of ND Stadium. My uncle was an usher and slipped me an occasional ticket when I was a kid. Growing up, I was exposed to all the tradition and fanfare that surrounds ND football and still get emotional when they play the Victory March.

Having said that, there is absolutely no doubt where my first allegiance resides...and it ain't in South Bend!

I'm really going to catch it, but I have to say SMU is #2. They are close enough to go watch when we are off, I know two of their players, and Phil Bennet is made of the same Kryptonite as Ramon Flannigan. ANYONE who can keep a HC job after the terrible years he has had deserves support. Last year SMU was the ONLY team to knock off TCU, and they are improving. I just hope they havent improved too much by September 9th.

Alright, let me have it....

GMG!!!  ph34r.gif

You should be paraded in front of the firing squad.

I bleed Mean Green forever. They are my first and only passion in college football.

However, I will cheer for Wisconsin, Texas and Texas Tech (as long as they aren't playing the Mean Green) because I have family that went to those schools. (Dad went to Wisconsin; brother is currently an MBA student at UT who also holds a bachelor's from UT; and a sister in law who holds two degrees from Texas Tech!)

But don't get me wrong, I am a true Mean Green backer. There is nothing better than watching the Mean Green in action.

Is it football season yet? wink.gif