Do you believe in Meager?

Will to Win

What is your opinion regarding DM competing for the starting QB position in 2006?

Will we have a new QB?

RB "shoe in" JT

WR "you can't win, without Quinn!"

TE ?

FB ?

Head Coach ? I don't know, but he better be a freak'in MEAN SOB!!!

Offensive Coordinator? Someone who is not prone to go into the stands and attack fans,

but to attack opposing defenses, oh yeah and he better be freak'in MEAN too!

Defensive Coordinator?

I don't trust any of the QBs we have on our roster. That doesn't mean someone won't become trustworthy this year, but the '?' at the position from last year was never answered, unfortunately.

And, we've got a rather unexpected '?' now at the RB position. Hopefully JaMo will come back and show he's in good health and shape.

WR - We've got the personnel. Do we have schemes to use them effectively?

Ditto TE. Good set of blockers and receivers. Like to see someone who can do both, and either with more consistency.

Coordinators and Coaches - Who knows?

DM will have to have had a miracle off-season before I trust the offense to him again. I know the line crumbled fast and he never really got settled, but there were times he had plenty of time to pass and he was still off target. I like his speed, but his pocket presence wasn't what we needed last fall. Could he be our guy? Well, I hope the new QBs motivate him to show us all what he's really got. Or, he can look forward to a season on the bench.

And at RB, JT should be fine since he's lost that weight and if his leg's good to go. Even if he's not, I have faith in the other RB's our coaches have recruited in the last years. It's a lot like when JT was out for the ASU game a year back; he was out, but we had a strong runner in James Mitchell who did a great job.

JT should be fine since he's lost that weight

I heard from a person I feel reliable that he DID NOT lose the weight, he is just learning how to play with it through "better conditioning"

JT is not to be relied upon until he can prove to stay healthy. Even his GREAT freshman year was plagued off and on with that damn hammy!

I hope he is healthy, because I feel if healthy he will be true graetness, and our first big time NFL player in a long time.

I know we have Kassell, and I know he starts, but he does not fall into the big time category, and Brian Waters is big time, but it has been a while since his NT days.

DD always seems to keep it open when it comes to who starts at QB each offseason. No doubt DM will have the opportunity to win the starting spot this spring and next August. I felt like last year after spring practice that he had a chance to win it over Byerly even if Joey had showed up. He had a quick learning curve while having to run for his life many times during this past season. If he can harness the same poise he showed at LSU and fine tune his skills he will be tough to beat out.

Rick

I know we have Kassell, and I know he starts, but he does not fall into the big time category, and Brian Waters is big time, but it has been a while since his NT days.

Yeah...and there was that Mean Joe Greene guy, but its been ages since he put on a NT uniform... rolleyes.gif

Would be nice to have another big NFL star, though...

Edited by NCMeanGreen

We've got plenty of guys there, I think that Wilson will most likely be most into the secondary without much of a chance to play at QB.

Meager will start and be more successful behind a more experienced and smart offensive line.

I do trust Meager, terrible debut season, I know, but things change, and he(hopefully) knows that we can't have 23000 show up to watch our offense crumble and not score.

We've got plenty of guys there, I think that Wilson will most likely be most into the secondary without much of a chance to play at QB.

Meager will start and be more successful behind a more experienced and smart offensive line.

I do trust Meager, terrible debut season, I know, but things change, and he(hopefully) knows that we can't have 23000 show up to watch our offense crumble and not score.

So Woodrow passed up the chance to go to Big 12 schools in order to get a shot as a QB at NT, only to be thrown in the secondary? How would that look in the eyes of other potential JUCO recruits? He was a pretty good JUCO QB until he got hurt.

I think Meager's days are numbered with the plethora of QB's fighting for 3 spots.

Wilson originally signed with Arkansas to play QB for them, and then left for Coffeyville. If he is good enough to sign as a QB for the Hogs, I think he's probably good enough here. However, without seeing him play, and without seeing what kind of game Meager and Phillips are bringing to the table, I'll reserve judgement on HOW good he is.

I am not sure how anyone can consider Meager the favorite, unless you see that he started every game last year, personally Phillips should have started the last 2, but I am not the coach.

I think wilson will probably end up starting but who knows this spring should be interesting.

To answer the question, I do not have a ton of faith in Meager right now, maybe if he learns to be a fearless field general and also is able to get his arm strength back, he seemed to lack it all last year.

Just my .02. wink.gif

I agree with FF Rick, I was at the LSU game and Meager did a good job. That being said, he has had flashes of promise but I will always choose the player who is more consistant. Will DM show consistancy with a dash of improvment for will Matt P, who I agree can play the QB position, win out? WW? Steven Price?

It will be interesting to see who will stand out; and I hope we don't end up with a 3 or 4 headed QB rotation because they cannot seperate themselves from each other.

Wilson has some pretty impressive game (at least he did in high school). I saw him in person several times (my parents live in Bentonville) and was impressed by his athleticism and decision making abilities. I'm interested to see how he has developed since his run in high school. He was a pretty highly touted recruit in the NW Arkansas region when he was in high school.

If he has continued to develop his game at a consistent pace, he will be a major upgrade over either of the guys we ran out there last year...that being said, I'm also excited to see how Phillips continues to develop. smile.gif

I believe in Meager. I think that if he has had the opportunity to do more PT on his shoulder, and the PT has been effective, then I think he has the physical and mental ability to be our QB.

During the season, it seemed to me that he wasn't comfortable with his throwing motion, and I got the feeling that he was being told not to run. I think that toward the end of the season, the coaching staff either let him loose to do his own thing, or he made the decision to do it on his own.

We'll see what sort of effect this last season has had on him psychologically when spring practice starts. I hope that he has a tendency to look forward, and that last fall is not part of his current thought process.

Being at his best is only going to make all the other candidates work harder, and therefore make the QB position one of our strengths this fall,.... instead of the question mark that it was last fall.