NIT Championship Game

Steton Hall was a strong team - tonight was their only real challenge through the tournament.

I thought Seton Hall would win tonight, but ISU played hard and proud.

We were definitely eliminated by a really good team.

• Upvote 2

If NT had been remotely close to Seton Hall in their game, the fact they won the NIT might have been meaningful.   As it is, losing to the eventually champ doesn't make NT look any better.  

Of course, now that the whole NT team has deserted; last year's play does not mean anything going forward.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

That was a good game to watch.  Seton Hall was just a little quicker and more aggressive driving to the hoop.  That being said, the refs really let the game get too physical at times.  I've seen football running backs that couldn't stiff arm as well as some of the Hall guys did on drives. 

• Upvote 1

You know, despite the injuries, we still had a pretty solid season.  And if everybody came back, would be in line for a really strong 2024-25 season.  I have not heard any of them already with an NIL deal. 

is Hodge chasing them away?   I have only met him twice.  He seems like a nice guy and players coach.  

there has to be a reason to this….and without NIL deals in place, what is the pull?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2

8 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

You know, despite the injuries, we still had a pretty solid season.  And if everybody came back, would be in line for a really strong 2024-25 season.  I have not heard any of them already with an NIL deal. 

is Hodge chasing them away?   I have only met him twice.  He seems like a nice guy and players coach.  

there has to be a reason to this….and without NIL deals in place, what is the pull?

Maybe players are lazy and don't want to play defense ? Probably not true. But, just a thought 🤔

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1

97% of these kids should be attending a school with the intent of getting a degree for life after college.  The people chirping in their ears aren't going to be there when the lights go out.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1