Memphis, Tulane, USF to the ACC?

Those 3 schools combined will not generate the revenue that FSU or Clemson bring on their own.  And if those top schools leave for the Big 10 or SEC, then would the ACC still be a "power conference" worthy of 2 playoff spots? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is just silly.   They assume that, if FSU, UNC, Louisville, and Clemson leave, there will be ANY reason for a network to renegotiate (or honor) a contract without the four biggest brands left in what is already the weakest "power" conference.  

I could much more easily see the Big 10, SEC, and Big XII eating up every brand that's worth a damn (because they'd jump at any life raft at that point) and leaving the rest on their own.  

• Upvote 3

If you read Jim Williams's post, it's ALL speculative. Those are HIS ideas, not something currently in progress. FSU still has not found a way out of the grant of rights. Louisville is certainly questionable for the B1G - they wouldn't take OSU or WSU so I'm not sure why they'd take Louisville. 

This COULD happen in a few years, but certainly no reason to panic like it's going to happen for 2025!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

2 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Louisville is certainly questionable for the B1G - they wouldn't take OSU or WSU so I'm not sure why they'd take Louisville. 

There's not a chance the B1G takes Louisville.  Even the Big XII passed up on Louisville because of their lacking academic reputation.

• Upvote 2

Memphis, Tulane, and USF do not have the brand names they think they do. All this horrible realignment has not left any more big-name G5's for the Big XII's or ACC's to backfill with. Memphis may have the history but right now I think Boise State is a bigger name than them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

There's not a chance the B1G takes Louisville.  Even the Big XII passed up on Louisville because of their lacking academic reputation.

I agree.  What's the big deal about Louisville?   Yes, they have had some good teams.  And good crowds and support.  They just don't move the needle for me.  For me, they are still Missouri Valley Conference.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

its only a matter of time before fans tire of Rutgers- Cal , SMU- Florida State, Oklahoma- Vanderbilt , or some other random pairing every other year and yearn for the regional world of the past. 

• Upvote 2

I've grown tired of "realignment" talk.  

It's the most overblown game of musical chairs ever.  The rich and power hungry football schools just continue to consolidate and all of us peasants keep trying to kill each other for the chance to join them....but there are no new seats added.  Just removed.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

I've grown tired of "realignment" talk.  

It's the most overblown game of musical chairs ever.  The rich and power hungry football schools just continue to consolidate and all of us peasants keep trying to kill each other for the chance to join them....but there are no new seats added.  Just removed.

I would love to see the alignment of major conferences go back to where it was 15 years ago, but I don't know if many of us would want to go back to the Sun Belt?

37 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I would love to see the alignment of major conferences go back to where it was 15 years ago, but I don't know if many of us would want to go back to the Sun Belt?

I like time current setup of sunbelt football. Much rather be in the AAC for basketball purposes. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

its only a matter of time before fans tire of Rutgers- Cal , SMU- Florida State, Oklahoma- Vanderbilt , or some other random pairing every other year and yearn for the regional world of the past. 

All those matchups tire fans already.  But we have already seen that these decisions aren't being made based on what fans want (or on what's best for student-athletes, or for the integrity of amateur sports, or for increasing the competitiveness of the games, etc.).  It's all about dollars for Disney--and dollars from Disney.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1