AAC agrees foul should have been called

56 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I received a lot of criticism last night due to my pointing out that ECU would file a grievance with the AAC offices on the call.  Looks like they have already admitted they were wrong.

It just means they will probably come back with some early/bad fouls calls on us when we play Charlotte 😒

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

41 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It just means they will probably come back with some early/bad fouls calls on us when we play Charlotte 😒

If anything, they'd try and give some calls to ECU when we play them again in March. The conference isn't going to "punish us" against Charlotte, but trying to please ECU when they play us again would be the likely thing. Even then, I doubt anything happens. As far as I've seen, only ECU fans are upset. I haven't seen any actual members of the ECU team say anything

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Shark84 said:

That wasn't as bad as the missed traveling call right before they banked in the go-ahead basket. The refs did the right thing letting the players decide the game.  You could also argue that he was fouled on the basket. 

Exactly.  Every game has its share of missed calls.  Some might be worse than others, or happen at more inopportune times, but it's just part of the game.  

• Upvote 6

Honestly, this has forced me to question what the foul is for.  One one hand, Allen does a clear push-off.  On the other hand, the defender clearly isn't affected.  no flinch.  no momentum change.  nothing.  If he had flopped, he might have gotten the call, but it's like he didn't feel any push whatsoever.  

What's the NCAA definition on this would-be call?

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

I received a lot of criticism last night due to my pointing out that ECU would file a grievance with the AAC offices on the call.  Looks like they have already admitted they were wrong.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Let it go.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

I received a lot of criticism last night due to my pointing out that ECU would file a grievance with the AAC offices on the call.  

Not once in basketball history, to my knowledge at any level of play, has a league office rescinded a victory due to officiating.  Where in the world did you get that idea?  Sincere question.

That's what you got criticism for.  Not for "ECU filing a grievance."

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3

This was a clear pushing foul by Allen. No one likes the instant replay system but it should be made available on a limited basis; if the technology is in place. Because bad calls occur throughout a game, the coach should have at least one challenge. Happy about the win but not with controversy. It's just a matter of time before we get screwed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

8 hours ago, Cooley said:

This was a clear pushing foul by Allen. No one likes the instant replay system but it should be made available on a limited basis; if the technology is in place. Because bad calls occur throughout a game, the coach should have at least one challenge. Happy about the win but not with controversy. It's just a matter of time before we get screwed. 

With a coaches challenge in play, I’m certain that CRH would have used his on the drive to the basket by Edwards where he was clearly fouled. Sink 2 FTs and the final play of the game doesn’t exist. No complaints from UNT on that game deciding no call. We could literally play this game all day.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cooley said:

I don't disagree that a challenge could end up helping us but I did not see that his push off was extreme enough to stop a game at the very end like that. Also I think the ref had an obligation to allow the hail mary to play out.  Had he called the foul at that time it would have been a shame.  People forget, the conference wants these games to be entertaining.  Have you seen how many replays we have gotten on ESPN and the like from this play?  Conference benefits from that as well.

• Upvote 3