Are we not signing a transfer QB?

meangreenfaninno

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I just think there are much better options out there.

I’m sure there are better options, but who wants to come here? That’s the real question. I’m not saying he would have been the savior to UNt football, but even Tulane QB Braylon Braxton  chose Marshall over us. There’s still time, yes, but I think it’s crucial to get our qb this winter so they can go through spring ball and be acclimated with the offense, coaches and the offensive unit. Concern meter is moderate at the moment, but may increase if we don’t get by the end of the winter portal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

26 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

I’m sure there are better options, but who wants to come here? That’s the real question. I’m not saying he would have been the savior to UNt football, but even **TULSA** QB Braylon Braxton  chose Marshall over us. 

I wouldn’t get too worked up over this. We have no idea the reasons behind Braxton going to Marshall. Maybe they guaranteed him the starting spot and we were going to make him compete? There’s also more accomplished QBs available right now so I’m not sweating. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

I don't think he would start here. He played in 4 games during his college career at Iowa and Kentucky. There was a show he was on Tubi called QB1 Beyond the Lights. 

He was one of my local fav’s coming out of HS. I’m confident Morris could make him a star.  

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

He's proven he's an effective QB and knows the system.

Why start over with an unproven QB if you have a proven player who can build off a productive year and move the team forward faster?

That's not at all what I asked.  The guy's already committed to Cal.  What makes you think he's coming back?

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Another one off the board 

Did you see his actual commitment post.  May have himself in some legal troubles if he isn't careful with his behavior down there.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

19 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Did you see his actual commitment post.  May have himself in some legal troubles if he isn't careful with his behavior down there.

Do you mean the Instagram post quoted above where he said “Let’s run it!”

or did you mean on Twitter from the account that has “obvious parody account” that talked about sucking Florida tiddies? 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Do you mean the Instagram post quoted above where he said “Let’s run it!”

or did you mean on Twitter from the account that has “obvious parody account” that talked about sucking Florida tiddies? 

Lots of beverages consumed over the previous week, definitely didn't check the account just saw the tweet and laughed

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Malik Hornsby, who is coming from Texas State, just entered the portal. Spent 3 years at Arkansas before going to Texas State. Former top 100 recruit. Maybe someone to watch

https://247sports.com/player/malik-hornsby-46037405/

Doubt it, he’s looking for a payday.. only reason you leave somewhere you’re the guy at.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1