Transfer Portal Signee Thread

GMG24

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh!   I didn't see anything on here about him, but there are so many dudes flying around right now, it's hard to know who committed when.

I lied, he committed Dec 9th. Agreed, a lot of guys to keep up with. I can't remember a time covering the team that we had this many commitments in 2 weeks.

• Upvote 2

For anyone worrying about our Portal guys and how solid they are.  How Portal works they commit to school, nothing binds them to said school until they enroll on campus.  Classes this semester begin January 16th for UNT, now here comes the genius part of what our coaches have done.  image.png.5b30a188a62932411e91e5075a9ad5ee.png

This is the NCAA recruiting calendar.  The Red Dates mean no contact (I know you're asking how are kids posting offer during a dead period?) there are ways around it IE calling coach to tell them to tell the kid etc.  With classes beginning on Tuesday the 16th I would imagine our guys have to report back the 14th get meetings, class schedules, for the transfers get Housing set up, classes scheduled etc.  Knowing that they will have to move in it would make sense to do that starting on Saturday at the latest but who knows.  Just some information for curious minds on how our Portal stuff will work and we will be able to hold onto those guys.  They would able to visit Jan 3-7 so we still have some work to do to secure the transfers.

I made a mistake and need to adjust found some more information on the change in transfer portal.

Dec. 18 through Jan. 11, 2024 (see Bylaw 13.02.5.5.1.1), except as noted below: DEAD PERIOD • Jan. 3-7, 2024: Quiet period for two- and four-year college transfer prospective student-athletes who intend to enroll midyear. • Jan. 5-7, 2024: Quiet period for national service academies.

QUIET PERIOD A quiet period is that period of time when it is permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the member institution’s campus. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts or evaluations may be made during the quiet period.

DEAD PERIOD A dead period is that period of time when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the member institution’s campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by prospective student-athletes to the institution’s campus.

My apologies I accidentally pasted the Dead Period outline behind the Quiet Period.  Here is the corrected Definition

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

These men are obviously not influenced by NIL. 
They're certainly not going to be riding the bench here.
And they all possess upstanding character, and commitment to only 1 team.

...because they transferred TO UNT!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!1!1!!11!   GO TRANSFER PORTAL!!!!!!1!

I see nothing untrue in this.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

so...now we love the transfer portal?

we ended the season with a 3K-1K-1K and lost it all to the portal.   So no, we do not love the portal.

what we want, is to use the portal to add to the 3-1-1.   it's a lot easier to add to than to replace.   

then, and only then, would we love the portal.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

we ended the season with a 3K-1K-1K and lost it all to the portal.   So no, we do not love the portal.

what we want, is to use the portal to add to the 3-1-1.   it's a lot easier to add to than to replace.   

then, and only then, would we love the portal.  

But didn't each of those 3 guys come here via the portal? So we do love it or not?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 2

On 12/18/2023 at 8:33 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh!   I didn't see anything on here about him, but there are so many dudes flying around right now, it's hard to know who committed when.

We love the "inbound" side of the portal, not the "outbound" side.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

• GMG24 changed the title to Transfer Portal Signee Thread