Prayers for Jason Bean

Jonnyeagle

23 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

6 touchdowns?  Hmmm, but what was his facial expression on the sidelines??

I dunno. But unlv was looking very north texas like on defense. When a unlv defender would accidently find himself in frame of my 75inch TV then bean would throw a pick. Otherwise, it was like 7v7 without the other 7. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I love how this thread has gone from "he might be dead" to "was he any good?" in like a half-dozen posts.

I love how the board went from Barry Odom is a very good defensive coach and we should have hired him to Bean only threw for 449 yards and 6 touchdowns because Barry Odom's defense was very bad and North Texas like from one thread to another. We just hate to see former North Texas players succeed elsewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

So in his time here, Seth Littrell signed a CFL quarterback, and two quarterbacks who were signed to the NFL as UDFA’s. Not bad.

He doesn't get credit for Fine, Harrell does, and he let Bean slip through his fingers because he couldn't develop a QB to save his life. Stop simping for that man.

jim halpert GIF

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I had to look up the term “simping”.  I don’t think it means what you think it means. 

From urban dictionary:

"simping

v. to simp. Tricking, groveling, or basically just letting females walk all over you for no apparent reason other than your own bitch-made-ness."

The term does not just apply to females in this case. And sucking up to a long-gone mediocre coach is definitely simp behavior.

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

On 4/28/2024 at 7:03 PM, peanuts104 said:

He doesn't get credit for Fine, Harrell does, and he let Bean slip through his fingers because he couldn't develop a QB to save his life. Stop simping for that man.

jim halpert GIF

Who gets credit for Harrell then?

Also, you may want to revisit this article.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2587478-how-record-setting-qb-with-video-game-numbers-finally-landed-fbs-offer.amp.html

"Coach Littrell and Coach Harrell...out of all these coaches, they had faith in me to play at the next level," Fine said. "For them to take that shot on me, I'm forever in their debt. I'm going to continue working hard for them and for the University of North Texas."

Hennesy has a good relationship with Littrell, and the two had been in contact about Fine and what he could bring to the program. Fine is hoping he can help turn around the culture at North Texas—similar to how he helped turn things around at Locust Grove.

"I think I can learn a lot from Coach Harrell," Fine said. "He was so successful at Texas Tech running the Air Raid. I feel like he's the next big thing coming up with Coach Littrell. They are two of the best offensive-minded people in the country.

"It's going to be a lot of fun learning from them. I'm going to be there soaking everything up and listening to everything they have to say."

You’ll probably point to how he mentions learning from Harrell and how he will be the next big thing. Well, when you have WSU’s outside receivers coaching coming to be your quarterbacks coach and OC, you can only point to his career as a player which any quarterback coming out of high school would want to emulate. The point is, Littrell had the relationship with the coach, Littrell had the scholarship to give, and Littrell convinced Harrell to come to North Texas in the first place. Without Littrell there is no Mason Fine at North Texas and you can take that to the bank.

Edited by Cr1028

58 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Who gets credit for Harrell then?

Also, you may want to revisit this article.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2587478-how-record-setting-qb-with-video-game-numbers-finally-landed-fbs-offer.amp.html

"Coach Littrell and Coach Harrell...out of all these coaches, they had faith in me to play at the next level," Fine said. "For them to take that shot on me, I'm forever in their debt. I'm going to continue working hard for them and for the University of North Texas."

Hennesy has a good relationship with Littrell, and the two had been in contact about Fine and what he could bring to the program. Fine is hoping he can help turn around the culture at North Texas—similar to how he helped turn things around at Locust Grove.

"I think I can learn a lot from Coach Harrell," Fine said. "He was so successful at Texas Tech running the Air Raid. I feel like he's the next big thing coming up with Coach Littrell. They are two of the best offensive-minded people in the country.

"It's going to be a lot of fun learning from them. I'm going to be there soaking everything up and listening to everything they have to say."

You’ll probably point to how he mentions learning from Harrell and how he will be the next big thing. Well, when you have WSU’s outside receivers coaching coming to be your quarterbacks coach and OC, you can only point to his career as a player which any quarterback coming out of high school would want to emulate. The point is, Littrell had the relationship with the coach, Littrell had the scholarship to give, and Littrell convinced Harrell to come to North Texas in the first place. Without Littrell there is no Mason Fine at North Texas and you can take that to the bank.

That's a lot of text, all I hear is a lot of gargling.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

The amount of time/energy you spend not only defending SL, but actively pursuing opportunities to praise him when is isn't really needed, is seen.

This is beyond just good-old-days nostalgia and in the realm of weird.

Edited by greenminer
  • Eye Roll 1