Parking for Football Games

diehardUNTfan

Does anybody know of a reliable FREE place to park that they have used this season and will continue to use? Haven't been to the stadium in a while, and I heard the big lot across from the Super Pit/ where the old football stadium was, is now a paid lot. I used to always park in the lot at the UNT Support and Services Building for free and never had trouble, just don't know if that still is allowed. If anyone knows of a safe & free place to park let me know!  GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

9 minutes ago, diehardUNTfan said:

Does anybody know of a reliable FREE place to park that they have used this season and will continue to use? Haven't been to the stadium in a while, and I heard the big lot across from the Super Pit/ where the old football stadium was, is now a paid lot. I used to always park in the lot at the UNT Support and Services Building for free and never had trouble, just don't know if that still is allowed. If anyone knows of a safe & free place to park let me know!  GMG

We typically park at Fouts but I think it is 10 dollars though.

• Upvote 1

Fouts parking has been paid parking for as long as Apogee has been open.

Coliseum parking was free last I remember, but that's been a long time.  That would probably be the closest, and you'd have to get there fairly early to get a spot.  Otherwise, drive east from there and see what you can find.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, diehardUNTfan said:

$20 tickets that includes food and beer and $10 parking. That's really cheap entertainment for 5 hours...

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, diehardUNTfan said:

Park in the lot across the street from Clark Hall. It’s open to everyone on weekends and is free. 

IMG_5402.jpeg

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/10/2023 at 4:40 PM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

UNT Football is so exciting that people can't bring themselves to the point of paying $10 to park at a game. 😶‍🌫️

Sometimes when you have a big game, like your first AAC conference home game, you pull out all the stops to try to pack the stadium. Well, at least that's what Memphis is doing as they host Tulane.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Sometimes when you have a big game, like your first AAC conference home game, you pull out all the stops to try to pack the stadium. Well, at least that's what Memphis is doing as they host Tulane

In our defense, none of our paid lots are as far from DATCU as that parking is from the Liberty Bowl Stadium. There’s even a reply to that tweet from a Memphis fan questioning why they ever charge for that lot they’re promoting as free.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

In our defense, none of our paid lots are as far from DATCU as that parking is from the Liberty Bowl Stadium. There’s even a reply to that tweet from a Memphis fan questioning why they ever charge for that lot they’re promoting as free.

Hopefully their car is still there when they get back from the game.  Liberty Bowl is in a beautiful area of Memphis.  Right up there with UAB's old Legion Field.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

This is completely fair. We're also not in as big of a city and I'm sure their obstacles are different than ours. The point is they're at least doing something to encourage attendance. How much does our Orange lot fill up? Are there any other school parking lots, that are not dorm parking, that could be opened up for free parking? What is being done other than 500 free tacos to the first 500 students to get butts in seats.

This is a yearly conversation that never seems to change.

10 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

This is completely fair. We're also not in as big of a city and I'm sure their obstacles are different than ours. The point is they're at least doing something to encourage attendance. How much does our Orange lot fill up? Are there any other school parking lots, that are not dorm parking, that could be opened up for free parking? What is being done other than 500 free tacos to the first 500 students to get butts in seats.

This is a yearly conversation that never seems to change.

Get creative.  For a 2pm game, have free parking up until noon, half price from noon to 1pm and full price from 1pm to game time.  Encourage people to arrive early and tailgate, plus it helps with traffic.

• Upvote 3

You want to get the students to game. Hire a couple of students and have them follow popular trends on social media. 

Get popular social media/YouTube influencers to make an appearance at the games, a well-known DJ, artist and bands that they can relate to.

Edited by Big Z

I hear what you guys are saying, but here's a rundown of things happening this game

• Pregame Concert
  • Free Breakfast Tacos for Students
  • Solar Eclipse Glasses Giveaway
  • $5 Bloody Marys & Mimosas Under the Wing until Kickoff
  • $20 Oktoberfest Ticket Package (game ticket, beer sampling tickets, pretzel)
  • Oktoberfest food/drink specials during the game
  • Postgame Tailgate

I'm not sure it's fair criticism for this particular game.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Get creative.  For a 2pm game, have free parking up until noon, half price from noon to 1pm and full price from 1pm to game time.  Encourage people to arrive early and tailgate, plus it helps with traffic.

That’s actually an excellent idea!  🤔

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

How do season ticket holders acquire the Oktoberfest package of beer sampling tickets and a pretzel?

The pretzel is part of a $20 package that comes with a ticket, drink ticket, and pretzel.

Drink tickets are on sale through the ticket office website for $5.

LINK

Edited by DentonLurker
  • Upvote 1