PAC 12 Realignment Talk Mega Thread (All 12 threads merged)

37 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I think they will leave too but do you think the Arizona board of regents - who also represent Arizona State - would let one go without the other?

I can’t imagine that would go over well if they did. Zona and AZ State are a package deal IMO. Utah joins the Big12 to even up the numbers and be BYU’s travel partner. 

And with the leak today that the Big Ten is now looking to rescue Oregon, Wash, Stanford & Cal, that just leaves Oregon State & Washington State (and maybe SMU 😂). I have a feeling the MWC will add both schools in the next two years. 

When the dust settles, the 30 for 30 on this debacle will be must see TV. 

Edited by C Rod
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C Rod said:

There it is. The 2nd executive session just this week. They gone and the PAC is done. 

Another tweet said the Big12 wants an answer this week.  Trying to get 1 or 3 schools.

The Sharks (Big12, Big10) are circling the PAC...

shark gifs request

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, C Rod said:

I can’t imagine that would go over well if they did. Zona and AZ State are a package deal IMO. Utah joins the Big12 to even up the numbers and be BYU’s travel partner. 

And with the leak today that the Big Ten is now looking to rescue Oregon, Wash, Stanford & Cal, that just leaves Oregon State & Washington State (and maybe SMU 😂). I have a feeling the MWC will add both schools in the next two years. 

When the dust settles, the 30 for 30 on this debacle will be must see TV. 

It would be dumb to take Stanford and Cal. 

• Upvote 1

Honestly,  now that CU is migrating back East to the Big12, now might be the best time to reach out again to COSt & Air Force, so we can get another Service Academy in the fold.  And COSt just built a new on-campus stadium.  They'd pair nicely together. 
I don't know that Wazzu or ORSt, or any of the other remaining Pac12 teams (assuming AZ & AZSt go Big12) bring anything to the table that COSt & Air Force wouldn't... except for those awful, much-hated, late-night away gamez!!!!1!!!1!

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

So wat does this mean for the AAC and more specifically us?  Should we go after Washington State and Oregon State?  Maybe Cal?

Cal is a possible BIG10 target, along with Washington, Oregon, and Stanford. https://www.si.com/college/2023/08/02/big-ten-expansion-oregon-washington-pac-12-cal-stanford

Would be a good idea for the AAC to target Washington State, Oregon State, and Utah if they all get left out. Rhe AAC plus those 3 would get a better media deal than the MWC plus those 3.

• Eye Roll 1

34 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Cal is a possible BIG10 target, along with Washington, Oregon, and Stanford. https://www.si.com/college/2023/08/02/big-ten-expansion-oregon-washington-pac-12-cal-stanford

Would be a good idea for the AAC to target Washington State, Oregon State, and Utah if they all get left out. Rhe AAC plus those 3 would get a better media deal than the MWC plus those 3.

Utah will not be left behind in this. If they at any time want the Big 12, they will take them. Just my opinion but after UW and UO I think Utah is the best prize. They had the third best attendance in the PAC last year and have had way more success on the field than any other of the PAC. 

As the poster above said, forget OSU and WSU, go for Colorado State and Air Force. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, meanrob said:

Utah will not be left behind in this. If they at any time want the Big 12, they will take them. Just my opinion but after UW and UO I think Utah is the best prize. They had the third best attendance in the PAC last year and have had way more success on the field than any other of the PAC. 

As the poster above said, forget OSU and WSU, go for Colorado State and Air Force. 

Mountain Time Zone we can handle, it's just one hour.  Games at UTEP or NMSU were never a problem time-wise.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, meanrob said:

I'm surprised Utah isn't mentioned more but here we are, everybody seems to be getting attention but them. I'd love to have CSU and Air Force as well but in the event they aren't available and OSU/WSU are, I'd rather have them in our conference than watch them join the MWC crew.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm surprised Utah isn't mentioned more but here we are, everybody seems to be getting attention but them. I'd love to have CSU and Air Force as well but in the event they aren't available and OSU/WSU are, I'd rather have them in our conference than watch them join the MWC crew.

Utah has probably been the most adamant about wanting the PAC to stay together, and they have made it known they don't like the idea of sharing a conference with BYU.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Too many unanswered questions still. 

If the B10 doesn’t take Stanford/Cal, does the B12? Do they go independent? Try to rebuild the Pac with only four teams and no media deal?

If those two are left behind with no P4 options, my money is on all four joining the AAC.