North Texas Adds 6 Games for Future

TheReal_jayD

4 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Why get rid of Tarleton? Texas school that will bring a big crowd. 

I was just about to say this. They're not even 100 miles (112 according to google) away. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if they had more fans at the game than SMU.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Why get rid of Tarleton? Texas school that will bring a big crowd. 

Because schools are judged by the schools they choose to play.  UNT will never elevate itself if it keeps playing SFA, Tarleton, Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist and the like.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

I would like to visit Kalamazoo, too, especially when it's still warm.

We should be scheduling Tarleton for every revenue sport nonconference season in my opinion. They will bring a good crowd, since they hand out diplomas from a drive-thru window according to my high school science teacher.

North Alabama doesn't move the needle, but South Alabama next year gets me hyped because that's a Labor Day weekend trip to Gulf Shores.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Setting the bar pretty low there.   If we played The University of Cairo, they would bring more fans than SMU. 

Not gonna lie, University of Cairo would be a sweet return trip though 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The FCS teams do not matter to me at all, I will take an easier W early in the season every year. This obviously isn't the pick of the litter for G5 teams to sign home and homes with but I would imagine the conference switch messed things up considerably. 

It is what it is, we should be able to win every one of these games you can't argue with that.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1