He is gone.

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't get it.  Leaving a group of teams that are all moving to a new conference.  One is the CBI Champion, one will be the NIT champion, one the NIT runner-up and potentially the National Champion for a league that can't live up to its expectations.  Mac really needs to think about this.

He thought about it. He is selling out for the money. Grass is greener on the other side, but have you seen the grass in Lubbock. 

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

Grant will only be at Tech until the Baylor job opens up.  

Oh absolutely and if Scott Drew was 10 years older he’d probably be hanging around here a few more years. The thing we have working against us here is Scott Drew’s age and the lack of a conference with several NCAA tournament bids.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Would Baylor higher a guy who wins maybe 50% of their games in the big 12? Baylor would probably want to get a sure thing. 

What is this opinion based on?

I know it's not based off beating B12 (OSU) with CUSA talent/facilities.

higher? really? I have to believe you dictate everything into your phone by voice/microphone.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What is this opinion based on?

I know it's not based off beating B12 (OSU) with CUSA talent/facilities.

higher? really? I have to believe you dictate everything into your phone by voice/microphone.

It will take a few years…

and yes somewhat…. Everyone’s phone has auto correct and you just type while moving around during your day. Do you always look at your screen when you Type??

• RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

and yes somewhat…. Everyone’s phone has auto correct and you just type while moving around during your day. Do you always look at your screen when you Type??

I guess to each their own, but this isn’t a text message.  You can actually formulate a thought and express it in the time it takes to do so. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

I guess to each their own, but this isn’t a text message.  You can actually formulate a thought and express it in the time it takes to do so. 

I do if I am at my computer but I rarely am. I go back to check stuff sometimes. If I use my Computer I’m probably looking up something to make sure I have information correct 

• RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

Very disappointing news. Especially in the wake of learning that FAU will be keeping Dusty May.

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1641576569452806145

If we are going to rise in the college athletics landscape, we have to be able to keep our prized coaches. Sure Hodge is great, but we have to kick the perception of being a stepping stone. If FAU can do it, we should be able to also. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

8 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Very disappointing news. Especially in the wake of learning that FAU will be keeping Dusty May.

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1641576569452806145

If we are going to rise in the college athletics landscape, we have to be able to keep our prized coaches. Sure Hodge is great, but we have to kick the perception of being a stepping stone. If FAU can do it, we should be able to also. 

Contract extensions mean nothing if wealthier programs want your coach (as we are learning).

FAU = $10M to invest in facilities or arena?, Lol.  That might buy new restrooms.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Andrew said:

no one's phone has ever auto-corrected a 4 letter word into a 6 letter word. 

could you mean to type "hire", accidentally hit a "g" and your phone assume you meant "fire"? hundo p. is auto-correct looking for homonyms? know. know it is not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Oh absolutely and if Scott Drew was 10 years older he’d probably be hanging around here a few more years. The thing we have working against us here is Scott Drew’s age and the lack of a conference with several NCAA tournament bids.

I was just going to comment on Scott's relatively young age, and only a few years older than Grant. Who could really woo him away from Waco?

Although I also thought Kim Mulkey would never leave.

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't get it.  Leaving a group of teams that are all moving to a new conference.  One is the CBI Champion, one will be the NIT champion, one the NIT runner-up and potentially the National Champion for a league that can't live up to its expectations.  Mac really needs to think about this.

This is why I thought he would stay.  With his parents here and moving to a much better basketball conference.  

9 hours ago, meanrob said:

I'm in Seattle. Should've clarified, I'm Mean Green alone. 

Seattle freeze is a little overrated. And to be fair I almost have to watch the game alone, these end of the year basketball games have turned me into a loud clapper and yeller.  

Oh I know re: the freeze. Just kidding.

Wish I had made the connection sooner! I’m just enjoying this present lead in Shoreline and would love to have another Mean Green watch bud up here.