Green Brigade

MeanGreen22

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I don’t think it was our band there. Think I saw someone mention it was the UNLV band. Could be wrong tho. 

Yes, UNLV filled in since the Pep Band wasn’t allowed to go. The band wants to be there. Apparently Athletics can’t get it together. Band was told they would go to the Finals if it happened.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1

30 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Wasn’t there a basketball spirit band there vs Wisconsin last night? 

Y’all aren’t talking about this 450 member Green Brigade, right? 

095FBB1D-0CB2-4855-9256-B1E9430C76ED.jpeg.d225514103b577cefc44a9cfd88ee0c4.jpeg Green Brigade, right?  

Where was this Green Brigade picture taken?  Not at Apogee.  Not at the Super Pit.  And Fouts is gone.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreen17 said:

Yes, UNLV filled in since the Pep Band wasn’t allowed to go. The band wants to be there. Apparently Athletics can’t get it together. Band was told they would go to the Finals if it happened.

So the UNLV band wore green and sat by our dancers?  Weird.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1

6 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Not unprecedented though.  I feel like every March there is at least one school in the NCAA or NIT that has a local school do this because they can't send their band.  In fact I want to say Farleigh Dickinson's first game they didn't have their band and Dayton's band filled in.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Where was this Green Brigade picture taken?  Not at Apogee.  Not at the Super Pit.  And Fouts is gone.

Hate to break it to you but that picture was taken at the Alamo Dome. GB performed at the State Marching Band contest as an exhibition for the top HS bands in the State last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

18 minutes ago, MeanGreen17 said:

That’s terrible. Don’t make that promise if you don’t have the ability to make it happen. Need Jared (or whoever makes that decision) to own it. 

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, MeanGreen17 said:

Yeah. I’m confused because I thought the pep band was leaving today (not our actual band). Husband of a lady at my work was going to go and she said this morning he was leaving… now idk. I guess I will ask tomorrow morning 🤣

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, NT80 said:

I'm not sure those were our dancers either.  No UNT name or logo on their costumes.

Those were the same dancers you have seen all season. 

15 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Yes, I wrote a little bit about this in the MGN NIT Journal -- https://meangreennation.com/nit-journal-wins-blackjack-food/ 

It was all I went early to grab some pictures and check the set up. The floor felt bouncy, but that’s just me and I haven’t stepped on a ton of courts all season. It was fine. The NIT folks do a great job, and I believe the main people running the stuff are from the Las Vegas Convention Visitor’s Bureau. Originally when I saw the set up I wondered if there were enough seats. I suppose I was thinking the drawing power of the NIT Last Four was greater than originally thought. Wisconsin brought a great crowd, but NT/UVU/UAB only had an okay crowd. Also we couldn’t bring the band so instead we had some session guys (UNLV’s band) play, wearing green shirts. I wonder how common of a practice this is. There was something off about it. The music was fine, but the timing and enthusiasm wasn’t there. Those people don’t care about the buckets and haven’t watched like, Aaron Scott all season. They can’t possible care at the same level. One time they played a song — Zombie Nation’s “oh oh oh oh” song — and like, the 103 section was not into it. I saw the music director like, looking over at us to see if we were digging it. I was wondering if the hoops band ever plays that? I don’t know that they do. I know it is a thing, though, in college. Just weird vibes."

I was told it was the UNLV band. I also confirmed the guy that was leading it is the UNLV leader. It's very lame but I'm glad we paid for A band to be there. 

• Upvote 5