Seth to Mississippi State?

Wag Tag

That is in a way good for him. Looking at the language in the contract concerning offset, it would definitely be good for UNT. Only thing I am thinking: that means he has to face off with Kiffen again. That didn't go so well when Kiffen was at FAU. Although, if SL is not responsible for the defense -who knows - maybe it ll work better.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I know I spent 3 years railing against Seth being our coach, but I never had anything personal against the guy. By all accounts he is a decent man, and I wish him and his family all the best. I hope he has great success at Mississippi State, and I hope when he gets another shot at being a head coach, he will be successful. Congratulation Seth.

Great point. You can have differences and not agree that someone's the right person on the field, but that doesn't mean you can't wish them well in other ventures.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, outoftown said:

That is in a way good for him. Looking at the language in the contract concerning offset, it would definitely be good for UNT. Only thing I am thinking: that means he has to face off with Kiffen again. That didn't go so well when Kiffen was at FAU. Although, if SL is not responsible for the defense -who knows - maybe it ll work better.

As a coordinator (and now equipped with the Briles offensive knowledge on top of his extensive Air Raid knowledge), he’ll kick Kiffin’s OC’s a** up & down the field.   His hybrid offense is going to be incredible.   If he ends up taking the MSSt OC job, I look forward to keeping an eye on them this year.

• Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Exactly. I have no doubt that Seth loved being our coach and cared about his players. I wish the results on the field had been different because I did like Littrell. 

Seth was just an odd duck.  I've never known a head coach of a sport so aloof and detached from fans and media.  He never touted his program or engaged with anyone outside the team that I saw.   

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Seth was just an odd duck.  I've never known a head coach of a sport so aloof and detached from fans and media.  He never touted his program or engaged with anyone outside the team that I saw.   

Same.

Best to Seth, I hope he does well. 

3 hours ago, NT80 said:

I think he was just introverted and shy.  The camera, the bright lights, and the microphone were not his friends.  He was so different on Tuesdays at Rudy’s than he was on Saturday…win or lose.  Glad he’s gone…wish him the best.  I think he gave UNT all he had.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

Seth is a nice guy, elevated the program but didn’t get where we needed to go. He is a good person and I hope he lands quickly- for his sake and our buyout contract

Yes this!! Seth left us in a better place than he found us. Its been a while since a UNT coach could say that. 

As far as Seth next landing spot this is pure speculation but I think he and his family love the area. With his and Sonny Dykes connection I wouldn't be surprised to see him added as a Sr analyst/assistant role at TCU. Give baby Riley one more year to make the jump to HC ranks or another school. Then Seth is an in house promotion to OC. 

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Puking Eagle 1