Morris’ assistants

Cr1028

3 minutes ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

Honestly, I have no idea Carthel leaning in terms of Offensive/defensive HC but I would be fine with something like this. Carthel with his connections and track record at HC would be a solid help to Morris, and Carthel is also someone who if Morris has success and is gone in 2-3 years that could step in and continue what the program is potentially doing

He was a DC under his dad at WTAMU, and they ran a wide open offense during his time there

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

you would be amazed the number of HC that call plays. Seth was a lot better OC than pretty much all the people he had calling plays

Duh.    He's a much better OC than HC as well.   That will be proven soon.

But, having a guy like Bloesch calling the Veer & Shoot was more effective than him calling the old Air Raid.   I think wherever Littrell ends up, he's going to have a pretty interesting Air Raid/Briles hybrid with his offense.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Duh.    He's a much better OC than HC as well.   That will be proven soon.

But, having a guy like Bloesch calling the Veer & Shoot was more effective than him calling the old Air Raid.   I think wherever Littrell ends up, he's going to have a pretty interesting Air Raid/Briles hybrid with his offense.

100%. Ever since the beat down baby briles gave him while at FAU thats where seth has wanted to be. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, TheReal_jayD said:

100%. Ever since the beat down baby briles gave him while at FAU thats where seth has wanted to be. 

I'm just saying, look at a guy like Jimbo, who's now canning his OC because HIS OWN offense sucked so bad.

I'm not a huge fan of the Head Coach also having to be OC as well during the game.   It takes focus off of the team as a whole.    We agree Littrell is the best OC on last year's staff, yet the year he was calling plays (after the Reeder fiasco) for the most part was actually his worst year as HC.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I think it's a given that Clements will be gone to a P5 job, he did a great job here. Him, Ryan Walters, Filani and the ex Cowboys RB now at Georgia Tech were probably the best position coach hires SL made in my opinion.

But I would love if we brought back Filani or hired Emmett Jones as OC.

1 hour ago, EastTexasMG said:

You’re thinking of Tashard Choice.

also, Walters was a McCarney hire.

Tashard is actually at the university of texas now making about $500k to coach running backs.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

My fault, I thought for sure he was here during SL's first year.

Him and Rashaad Samples were actually 1 and 2 on my wish list, but I knew it was unrealistic.

Ryan Walters is now the HC at Purdue.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

I’d love to have Filani back. Question: Wouldn’t we have to bump his title up in order to get him to consider a move out of a P5? 

No way any P5 position coach leaves to take the same job at UNT.  They are making 3-5 times there than we can pay them.  I would say even more so for WSU assistants, since they are a first year staff.  No reason to leave a new HC.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

No way any P5 position coach leaves to take the same job at UNT.  They are making 3-5 times there than we can pay them.  I would say even more so for WSU assistants, since they are a first year staff.  No reason to leave a new HC.

Exactly. In Jay’Ds dream scenario - I’d love that staff but can’t see how the $$$ works. Feel like Filani would have to be an Assistant HC or OC in title to get him here.

• Upvote 1

Realistically if we only paid 1.2 million our staff budget is probably 2.2 and we will not get any P5 coaches if we’re having to give at least 600 for coordinators. Tex st didn’t get EMo cuz they were going lower than what we heard we offered. A decent oc would have been leftwich for 350k, but kinne sewed that up already. As I expected keeler entertained 2 offers and got more money and an extension out of it. You boys were having champagne dreams when are athletic budget was maybe Ultra. My guy Carthel would have came in for a bit less and left more for his assistants. But I don’t see him coming as dc for less than 600k and that would tap hard on money. But maybe I’m full of it and we have more money to throw. I was wrong once

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Except WSU will bring in a new OC who will probably want some of his own guys. Not saying all will be replaced but surely some of Morris' old position coaches at WSU are going to become available.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, TalonsUp said:

My guy Carthel would have came in for a bit less and left more for his assistants. But I don’t see him coming as dc for less than 600k and that would tap hard on money. But maybe I’m full of it and we have more money to throw. I was wrong once

Carthel's DC from A&M Commerce was Morris' DC at Incarnate Word. His name is Justin Deason and it looks like he's coaching HS ball now.

https://uiwcardinals.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/justin-deason/2434

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2