Dark horse player this year

NT93

Who’s your pick to step out of the shadows and completely surprise people this year?  

I’m going with Finn Corwin.  I saw him play a couple of times in high school and he seemed to be a gritty kid who just seemed to get open and make clutch catches.  Only problem is that he’s at a position that’s pretty loaded so it’s possible that my dark horse doesn’t get much PT, but I guess that could be the case for everyone since we’re picking a dark horse.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

Offense: I'm excited for Oscar Addaway. I think he's going to blossom this year.

Defense: Deshawn Gaddie. He's been a highlight play guy and should be a bright spot for a defense that needs to be anything other than putrid this year.

I have a hard time labeling either of these guys as a dark horse stepping out of the shadows but both are likely to do well, especially Oscar. 

I am going with whoever is the backup  RB behind Addaway and Torrey. With Torrey playing some slot receiver, the 3rd string guy could get some carries and have a chance to establish themselves for the future, much like how Addaway and Siggers did early in their careers. Perhaps Isaiah Johnson steps up?

On D, we really need improved secondary play. We anticipate our new four-man front might get more pressure, so we need the DBs to step up this year. We must have some takeaways from the secondary. I think Thornton could come in and take a CB spot right away, but hopefully a non-transfer steps up and makes a strong contribution like Morris or Crosby. 

• Upvote 5

I’ll go with Khatib Lyles. Been holding onto his stock for a while, and with his size and athleticism I feel like all he needs is a chance. According to the roster he has moved back to receiver. Good news is that’s his natural position, but we are extremely deep at receiver right now so the rotation may be hard to crack.

With his time spent at tight end maybe that practice allows him to be a solid slot receiver and help fill some of Darden’s role there.

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Offense: I'm excited for Oscar Addaway. I think he's going to blossom this year.

Defense: Deshawn Gaddie. He's been a highlight play guy and should be a bright spot for a defense that needs to be anything other than putrid this year.

You and I have different definitions of dark horse.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Couldn't decide on one player, I think any of these players below could have a much bigger role than expected and be the surprise player(s) of the year.

DB- Thorton/Davis/Rucker/Crosby

LB- Jordan Brown/ Jacobi Johnson

DL- Rausaw, Kalvin Hutchings

OL- ?

WR- D. Brown, Khatib Lyles

RB - Keith Jackson

Forgot about Jacobi Johnson. Young man was highly rated with good size. Ready to see him live up to his billing. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Enoch Jackson.... 6' 298 pounds and a strong motor.

Enoch Jackson

I saw his tape. That dude looks like a legit SEC player, and I think Novil will take up a lot of attention in the new D-Line scheme. That should create even more opportunities for Enoch to shine.

Hearing he’s good but the transfer from ACU is a beast.  D-Line will be much improved.  Linebackers still too small though and secondary depth thin.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1