Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Breaking (Updated follow-up with arrest affidavit information) -- Tate Wallis arrested


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

angry go cartoons GIF by Cartoon Hangover

 

Lets get em...

 

....How about we let the situation play out.... how about we get some details..I know this takes the fun away from a public lynching.. but how about we put the pitchforks down and see what comes of this..

daniel radcliffe no GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not something North Texas knew about, or could have known about, prior to the hire.  I’ll leave it at that.  

I have just the opposite opinion.   These emojis are too easy and tend to stifle real communication.  If you have an opinion take a minute and express it in writing. Plus many are subject to inte

So if I go to the cops tomorrow and say you touched me inappropriately you should lose your job? With no other evidence or information? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

I’d rather have Fine up in Pawhuska providing tutelage for young Mr. Drummond. 

Assuming he stays. I would think he does, because of Seth, considering people said Wallis was not that good of a coach. Apparently didn't really recruit well, and clearly didn't develop the QBs that good since we don't know the starter

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Assuming he stays. I would think he does, because of Seth, considering people said Wallis was not that good of a coach. Apparently didn't really recruit well, and clearly didn't develop the QBs that good since we don't know the starter

What people?  Do you have good information or is this speculation?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Collin Kennedy from 247 said this to me. I think I trust him a lot considering he's a recruiting dude

Thanks

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait and we hired him anyway??

 

Edit: just saw page 2 noting that the staff likely didn’t have access to this info. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Wait and we hired him anyway??

Did you not read Emmitt’s earlier post? Do you not know what position Emmitt holds? 

  • Upvote 4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

angry go cartoons GIF by Cartoon Hangover

 

Lets get em...

 

....How about we let the situation play out.... how about we get some details..I know this takes the fun away from a public lynching.. but how about we put the pitchforks down and see what comes of this..

I don’t know what you do for a living but in many jobs the accusation would be enough to get you fired. Working at a university with students isn’t a right, it is a privilege. This isn’t an “accusation” as some have said it is an arrest. An arrest that occurred after an investigation (as opposed to inflagrante delicto). 
Guilt and innocence are legal terms that are unrelated to whether or not someone committed a crime. But in the court of public opinion UNT cannot afford to stand behind this guy. We are not Baylor or SMUt. 

  • Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Did you not read Emmitt’s earlier post? Do you not know what position Emmitt holds? 

Actually I didn’t see it until after I posted. I read the date on the arrest and immediately reacted - then saw that there was a second page. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I don’t know what you do for a living but in many jobs the accusation would be enough to get you fired. Working at a university with students isn’t a right, it is a privilege. This isn’t an “accusation” as some have said it is an arrest. An arrest that occurred after an investigation (as opposed to inflagrante delicto). 
Guilt and innocence are legal terms that are unrelated to whether or not someone committed a crime. But in the court of public opinion UNT cannot afford to stand behind this guy. We are not Baylor or SMUt. 

So if I go to the cops tomorrow and say you touched me inappropriately you should lose your job? With no other evidence or information? 

  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 10
  • Downvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Actually I didn’t see it until after I posted. I read the date on the arrest and immediately reacted - then saw that there was a second page. 

So you admit you jump to conclusions without reading all the details. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 10
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

So if I go to the cops tomorrow and say you touched me inappropriately you should lose your job? With no other evidence or information? 

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to how the world works lately but if you are in a public position, yes you lose your job. How many pro athletes get arrested then are cut by their teams? There are certainly a few exceptions but for the most part if the evidence looks bad, the employer isn't going to wait out the trial. And if that person does end up being found innocent, then they can get a job somewhere else. Hell, players at UNT have been dropped just by an arrest alone. 

Edited by meanrob
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Exactly.  In two years he will be at Liberty and let them deal with him and the rest of the Briles crew.  

I can't believe Baylor was this rotten inside and out in order to reach football success.  Of course we will temporarily be talked about because we disregarded warnings of hiring said Baylor coaches... but Baylor really did assemble the be-all and end-all crew of shitbags in order to climb out of their rut. 

And I hate to have to say this but the calls for MF or QS to be QB coach during the week of our first game is very Old Denton.  They have weeks of coaching experience and we are past that BS.  Hire them a year or two from now and I am all sorts of happy.  They are Grad Assistants... not Position Coaches. 

Shanbour is quite capable to fill in this season. It is too late to hire anyone for this season and QS has already worked with our stable of quarterbacks for die weeks or months. This is a weird season anyhow. Let QS sub in and then reevaluate after the season when you have a better pool of candidates to consider.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

angry go cartoons GIF by Cartoon Hangover

 

Lets get em...

 

....How about we let the situation play out.... how about we get some details..I know this takes the fun away from a public lynching.. but how about we put the pitchforks down and see what comes of this..

No

  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1
  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Shanbour is quite capable to fill in this season. It is too late to hire anyone for this season and QS has already worked with our stable of quarterbacks for die weeks or months. This is a weird season anyhow. Let QS sub in and then reevaluate after the season when you have a better pool of candidates to consider.

He could want to stay as GA as I think it has perks related to grad school right? But I would guess that since he is coaching them anyway he might just do that full time now. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened to my position coach in high school after I graduated. He went to prison for a year, and lost his teaching license. What a stooge. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

This happened to my position coach in high school after I graduated. He went to prison for a year, and lost his teaching license. What a stooge. 

 

Just curious. was that student under 17? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, H-towngreen said:

If he was initially brought in and posted bond in October of last year this 100% should have been caught on his background.

Where did you read that?

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Harry locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.