Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
ChiefTenBeers2015

@ Cal Sept. 14th

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, FirefightnRick said:

Yeah, I was gonna defend your hippie honor with the “God hates dirty hippies “ jab above,...but figured you could do it be than I could.

 

Rick

ohh...totally can:

god's not real. 

done and done. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

ohh...totally can:

god's not real. 

done and done. 

Ding, ding, ding:  winner, winner, seitan chicken dinner. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me this is the Iowa game of two years ago. Iowa made a couple mistakes and we moved the ball in the first half to take the halftime lead. 

We didn’t score in the second half, the defense got tired and we faltered late. 

We gotta move the ball and keep the defense rested. That happens and Fine will make some big plays to bring home the W.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

ohh...totally can:

god's not real. 

done and done. 

 

See, I couldn’t have typed that.  Still,....he loves you anyways.

 

Rick

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 5
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, meanrob said:

To me this is the Iowa game of two years ago. Iowa made a couple mistakes and we moved the ball in the first half to take the halftime lead. 

We didn’t score in the second half, the defense got tired and we faltered late. 

We gotta move the ball and keep the defense rested. That happens and Fine will make some big plays to bring home the W.  

Agree, and we’re going to need to run the ball to give the defense time for that rest.  If we can successfully run the ball against them and play some solid D I’ll feel better about conference.

 

Rick

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

I am coming to the game as well. Staying in San Francisco close to the Giants stadium. We plan on going to a baseball game that Friday night. Alcatraz Saturday morning and then catching an uber to Berkeley for the game. Does anyone know when the away game tickets go on sale?

Nice! My group of 7 are going to the giants game Friday but we are doing Alcatraz Sunday. We wanted to spend most of Saturday prior to the game getting a feel for their college bars. I messaged unt a month ago about tickets and they said mid July so should be soon. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, northtexassigep said:

Nice! My group of 7 are going to the giants game Friday but we are doing Alcatraz Sunday. We wanted to spend most of Saturday prior to the game getting a feel for their college bars. I messaged unt a month ago about tickets and they said mid July so should be soon. 

This is one of those opportunities for UNT Alum Association and/or the Athletic Dept to better organize a get together for those of us who are going.  It honestly doesn't even have to cost anything for them, would be great to just have an organized bar for all of to get together at prior to the game.  I almost fainted when I saw the tent & tailgate some group put together for Arkansas last year.  (Do I owe anyone money for all the hotdogs I ate?)

I'll forever be embarrassed about the CUSA Championship game in 2017 where we didn't have as much as a table setup by any University entity at the game in Boca.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

I am coming to the game as well. Staying in San Francisco close to the Giants stadium. We plan on going to a baseball game that Friday night. Alcatraz Saturday morning and then catching an uber to Berkeley for the game. Does anyone know when the away game tickets go on sale?

Staying in San Fran?  Watch your step.

https://www.businessinsider.com/san-francisco-human-poop-problem-2019-4

Might want to print out one of their "poop maps" before you go.

  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a crappy job.

Seriously though, we did research areas to avoid in San Francisco. I know they have a big problem with the homeless people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This is the kind of stupid crap they do in Berkeley.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/forget-manmade-berkeley-bans-gender-043541648.html

says a man who has undoubtedly ordered “Freedom Fries”

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

says a man who has undoubtedly ordered “Freedom Fries”

Nope, never did and that is so weak.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

says a man person who has undoubtedly ordered “Freedom Fries”

Need to stay on topic here.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, northtexassigep said:

Nice! My group of 7 are going to the giants game Friday but we are doing Alcatraz Sunday. We wanted to spend most of Saturday prior to the game getting a feel for their college bars. I messaged unt a month ago about tickets and they said mid July so should be soon. 

Yeah, make sure you buy the Alcatraz tickets in advance. We will probably hit up the college bars after the game. Well depending on the outcome of the game haha. I can't wait to check out the Giants stadium. It looks awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Need to stay on topic here.

Now that is funny and well played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Yeah, make sure you buy the Alcatraz tickets in advance. We will probably hit up the college bars after the game. Well depending on the outcome of the game haha. I can't wait to check out the Giants stadium. It looks awesome.

You’ll love the ballpark. It’s gorgeous. Also, California Memorial Stadium is in one of the prettiest settings in all of college football. Make sure to check out the view of the bay and Golden Gate Bridge from the top of the the east rim. Also, Top Dog is a must. Best hot dogs ever and an iconic Berkeley institution. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how much game tickets are? My brother in law lives in San Francisco so my family has a place to stay. I found flights on Alaska Airlines for $226 round trip Friday-Sunday. My birthday is the weekend before this game, so it’s my gift to myself.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go a few days early, bring your sticks and play golf at Pebble Beach.  Shouldn’t set you back too much. LOL!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Gilman Street still open? Ahhh, I almost, kinda remember those days.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, NYCGOBEARS said:

I expect a much closer game than most do. As with most games, the difference will be who wins the turnover margin.

You’re right but every time someone brings this up I am reminded of the Troy game years ago.

i don’t remember how many TOs we had but there were at least 7 sacks had by our D and we still lost by ~35 points.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 10:19 PM, NYCGOBEARS said:

You’ll love the ballpark. It’s gorgeous. Also, California Memorial Stadium is in one of the prettiest settings in all of college football. Make sure to check out the view of the bay and Golden Gate Bridge from the top of the the east rim. Also, Top Dog is a must. Best hot dogs ever and an iconic Berkeley institution. 

We were in SF a couple of years ago in late May and went to a Giants game and I agree that the ballpark is great.  Bring a jacket though, much cooler than we expected.

We also drove around campus and went by the stadium.  I told my wife that I bet it’d be an awesome place to watch a game.  The location is very cool and I thought that before knowing about the view from the east rim.  I bet that is a fantastic!

Unfortunately is not in the cards for me to make this game. And even more unfortunate is that work may keep me from most games this year😢😢😢

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

Anyone know how much game tickets are? My brother in law lives in San Francisco so my family has a place to stay. I found flights on Alaska Airlines for $226 round trip Friday-Sunday. My birthday is the weekend before this game, so it’s my gift to myself.

I think the most expensive away tix I've bought through UNT were the Arkansas tix.  They were $60 or $65.  I doubt it's more than that.  You can always buy through another ticket site, but you'll be sitting with the hostiles.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 11:36 AM, DeepGreen said:

Go a few days early, bring your sticks and play golf at Pebble Beach.  Shouldn’t set you back too much. LOL!

worth every penny

244100_10100207545189810_4539082_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.