Homecoming Parking Situation

Cerebus

25 minutes ago, kingwoodgreen said:

My plan was to bring some friends in from Houston for the game. But one is disabled and cannot walk too far. Since we will not risk buying a blue parking pass, that puts me in the ada lot. Guessing that let’s me out on alumni side. Anybody experienced this lot yet. 

This should have everything you need to know.

LINK

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Man, I really want to watch a few coffin races, but experiences in trying to get into the damn blue lot any fewer than thirteen hours before kickoff may sway me from trying to enjoy both activities.

Park early in Blue lot, grab shuttle to square and back?

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

12 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Park early in Blue lot, grab shuttle to square and back?

I have taken that into consideration.  I'll have to check the shuttle schedule since the coffin races don't start until one (and let's be honest, there are lots of morning beverages involved there, so punctuality isn't a strong suit for that particular event) 

15 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Man, I really want to watch a few coffin races, but experiences in trying to get into the damn blue lot any fewer than thirteen hours before kickoff may sway me from trying to enjoy both activities.

Hate that this had to be an early game.  Gonna be another home game I can’t make. 

On 10/23/2018 at 3:07 PM, RiseUNT said:

Get there early and stay late.

Exactly this.  My group is planning a double tailgate.  Going to get there early to set up the tent, TV, grill and games.  And put it all away for the game, only to bring it all back out after the game and watch some more football and grill dinner while waiting for the parking lot to empty out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green P1 said:

Good question. 

WE NEED ANSWERS

I think homecoming is always afternoon which makes sense IMO. Maybe the right question is why is homecoming on the Day of the Dead? I think University decides on HC date. It is clunky because we had 4 of our six home games happened pretty early in the season.

Re: Denton events vs Football games

The day of the dead fest will pull in fans from in and around the area because it's fun and a good time.

Same can be said about football. Is Day of the Dead going to pull 10k fans away from Apogee? Nah.

Is football still in a precarious attendance state? Yes. It's not a unique situation, even though our own attendance has been trending up.

One won't affect another in a city of over 180K people. But it really  won't affect football once football is a consistent big-producing machine. Rice will bring fans and homecoming will bring students. A team like Houston (next year?) will bring even more fans and is a more worthwhile event to a person on the fence.