Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He's my main target when Littrell leaves.

If Littrell gets hired away while Brown toils at Troy, the writing will be on the wall: "I can't get out of here despite what I've accomplished... time to 'move up'."
And North Texas will provide that type of opportunity for him, while more than doubling his salary.

You think Brown would leave Troy for UNT?

The only positive of Seth leaving would be to see what upgraded candidates would be interested in the job. If you look st the Grant hire it was P5 experience with head coaching experience! I think that is a great model for UNT. Brown stay in Troy Ala or increase salary and be in DFW! Phil Longo at Ol Miss from Sam Houston would need a look!

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

What Neal Brown has done at Troy is arguably more impressive than what Seth has done here. If we can swing the buyout that would be a great replacement for Seth. Surely Brown will go P5 after this year though. He’s only 38. 

I love Seth. Hope he stays forever. But serious question here, why hire Seth over Neal Brown? 

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/11/hot-seat-coach-rankings-all-130-head-coaches-where-do-they-stand?utm_source=CFNFB&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=affref&fbclid=IwAR1j9DKhxi0pNzcNyrIFdy1dFnpj8IWhPTB5Jf1pKZ-AUmiJClD38rRbTvo

SL is as solid as Tom Herman (see #89).  #15 and #29 are interesting...

Hot Seat Coach Rankings: All 130 Head Coaches, Where Do They Stand?

Edited by Philip Ferguson
add info

1 hour ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Lol @ Willie Fritz’s entry...  Almost a contender coach!  Maybe next year!

Everyone that thinks Littrell is a shoe in for Texas Tech need to understand what Tech did to Leach. Those kinds of actions can have long term effects on future hires if a prospective coach feels another coach was wronged.

4 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Everyone that thinks Littrell is a shoe in for Texas Tech need to understand what Tech did to Leach. Those kinds of actions can have long term effects on future hires if a prospective coach feels another coach was wronged.

...or none.

theres always someone looking for a job. 

I don’t believe for a second that people will shy away from a coaching position.  Anywhere, ever. Not looking at this situation.  Not after watching how easily PSU kept their program going. They’ll all just huddle together and agree to “do it the right way.” 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Cerebus said:

The Texas Tech AD has a weekly radio show on Lubbock's 97.3 stain.

Based on Wednesday's show... It sure sounds like KK isn't coming back. Season isn't over yet but he was really down playing defensive improvements and the injury situation.  

So let’s just start a whole new fresh round of all this “Seth Is Moving On” tommyrot, ❄️GreenFlakes. 😱

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5