Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Heupel has to be leading G5 guy...I’d think he’d take UL.  If Riley goes to Dallas then I’d think OU goes for Heupel before Seth.  Then it’s Seth to UL :(...idk hopefully after these abominations lately Seth is staying put a little longer.  As @TheReal_jayD said though that sets 2020 up to be a bad deal with new coach and new qb...opportunity to win in college station that yr too so I’d hate to go in there with that kind of situation. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, NT91 said:

I could see this.

who would Wren get to replace him?

Coaches Wren have hired have over a 70% winning percentage. And he has a 2 million a year budget to work with. As long as Wren stays he will finded a winner and a damn good one. Look and graham mccasland. We will be fine. Seth came in here and rebuilt the roster and the culture. But this is just the beginning. If he leaves life is not over.

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

IF the fans dont get off his ass he might take the UTSA job.

Littrell seems like a straight shooter.

My guess is if someone asked him about the fans' reaction, he would say something along the lines of "I don't blame them....they should be upset with our performance"

And it means the standards have been raised...all because of him by the way. Which I'm pretty sure is a good thing.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

Just looking at the internets and social media lately, I am starting to lean towards Littrell getting another gig after this season.  I hope like hell I am wrong, but I think we have to be realistic about it.  Here are my reasons.

1).  He has a great resume to sell now, even with some disappointing losses lately, he turned around a bad program in 3 years and has shown himself to be a good evaluator of talent (Mason Fine etc).

2).  The defense took a huge step forward this season but will likely take a step back next season with all the graduations.  Littrell can shed the "Texas Tech" label of no-defense right now but perhaps will not be able to in the next cycle.

3).  He hired a new agent.  You don't do that unless you are actively looking at the market.

4).  There are a LOT of open or opening HC spots that are mentioning Littrell as a top choice right now.  KU, KSU, Louisville, Purdue etc.  Seth wants OU and I get that, but it's an easier step up from these other programs to the jobs at the very top of the foodchain (OU, Texas etc).

Never said Wren is stupid what he has done for UNT in short time he is more of miracle worker.  I sure Littrell would tell Wren before anyone else he is leaving.  I just think of UTEP that signed their new coach 10 days before signing day.  The new guy will have to work hard to keep the recruiting class together.

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

Just looking at the internets and social media lately, I am starting to lean towards Littrell getting another gig after this season.  I hope like hell I am wrong, but I think we have to be realistic about it.  Here are my reasons.

1).  He has a great resume to sell now, even with some disappointing losses lately, he turned around a bad program in 3 years and has shown himself to be a good evaluator of talent (Mason Fine etc).

2).  The defense took a huge step forward this season but will likely take a step back next season with all the graduations.  Littrell can shed the "Texas Tech" label of no-defense right now but perhaps will not be able to in the next cycle.

3).  He hired a new agent.  You don't do that unless you are actively looking at the market.

4).  There are a LOT of open or opening HC spots that are mentioning Littrell as a top choice right now.  KU, KSU, Louisville, Purdue etc.  Seth wants OU and I get that, but it's an easier step up from these other programs to the jobs at the very top of the foodchain (OU, Texas etc).

You look at the different conf he has coached in and he has hit them all. If Brohm goes to Loiusville I could see Purdue after Seth! 

• Upvote 1