Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

29 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is the ONLY THING giving me pause about Tech.   I would not be surprised to see them go with a defensive guy as their next HC.

This!!! Tech's Defense has been atrocious the last several years and this might be a good move for them.......I for one, back this idea a 100%, HAHA

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

What’s our potential? Do we ever crack the T25, win a bowl, or overtake FAU?

I don’t think Seth stays here forever, but I like your positivity.

What's our potential?  The sleeping giant is finally awake.  We continue to grow, succeed across the board, donations continue to increase, facility growth continues, etc.... so that when conference realignment takes place again, the large public university sitting right at the Apex of the Metroplex can no longer be ignored and we are invited to move up.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, Green Mean said:

This is a good problem/thread to have to be honest.  We know the other side of things.  This thread just means the program is doing some right and we're doing some winning.

But why now?  One game in to the new season.  It's like our fan base can't even enjoy a little success.  Why put this out there when we are on the verge of signing our best recruiting class ever?  Why put this out there so that other schools use it against us?  Address the issue if it were to arise, but not one of us on this board has any idea what goes on behind the closed doors of the athletic offices.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

But why now?  One game in to the new season.  It's like our fan base can't even enjoy a little success.  Why put this out there when we are on the verge of signing our best recruiting class ever?  Why put this out there so that other schools use it against us?  Address the issue if it were to arise, but not one of us on this board has any idea what goes on behind the closed doors of the athletic offices.

I understand what you're thinking but this is just the way it is.  We know the landscape of college sports and what's happened the last few years here in Denton has been nothing short of impressive and people are taking notice...some NT sports message board isn't going to sway anything or anybody on the outside and if it does something is definitely wrong there.  Recruits know exactly what goes on so they're not naive enough to think this is not reality.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

This thread is not the first of it's kind.    You know that.    It's just a reality we must face.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He sure would.
Seems like a dude that the oilfield boosters out West would be just fine rolling the dice on.

With your highly-respected prognostication track record, may I humbly request that you consider making Briles to TT an official projection?  It would save us all a lot of week-to-week anguish.

• Haha 2

The Tech folks I know are already clamoring for Littrell. They feel like he would be a great fit, with his southwestern roots and his casual style. Honestly, at Tech, if he wins 7-8 games a year, like Leach did, he will be there for as long as he wants, similar to Spike Dykes. Leach burnt the bridges that SL wouldn't, just because their personalities are polar opposite.

My fear is that SL and GH are bought together by Tech. That could very possibly happen, too. Otherwise, GH should be the guy, just because of the name recognition he brings and the fact that he has been the OC here on some very good squads.

• Upvote 1

I know three die-hard Tech fans who 1) swear Littrell is too small-time for them to ever consider and 2) they want to get away from the Leach “experiment” and 3) that Brent Venebles is their guy.

On point #1, this is indicative of their and many of their fan’s delusion when it comes to Tech.  

• Lovely Take 1

If SL wins 10 games and NT wins a Bowl game, he’ll have a lot more to choose from than just Texas Tech. He’ll have multiple options and a nice multi million dollar contract waiting for him somewhere. It’s the reality of the situation. He would be stupid not to strike while the iron is hot. 

• Ray 1

5 hours ago, Cerebus said:

The potential is that when SL sleeps at night, he dreams of leading OU to a national championship.  

Let's say in 5 more years OU decides to hire a new coach.  It won't matter to them if SL stayed here all five years and averaged 10 wins.  Their donors are going to want a proven P5 coach.   

To get to his dream job, SL has to move up the ladder, rung by rung.  The next run is a lower level P5.  

Neither of the last two coaches OU has hired had head coaching experience. 

22 hours ago, wardly said:

My understanding that the top 3  coaches on Tech's list are the head coach at Troy, Seth, and Art Briles, who has surprisingly strong support.Having said that, I plan not to worry about things I have no control over and enjoy having Seth as long as possible.

Amen, wardly. 

We have absolutely no control over any of this so don't any of you grow an ulcer worrying. 

Boise State lost (was it 4 HFC's) in an 8 year stretch?   Many of us were watching our former conference mates, ie, the BSU Broncos as to what they were doing right (and we wrong), but the amazing thing to many of us was how they stayed a Top 25  program thru most all of those coaching turnovers so I guess  there are silver linings even when coaching  turnovers temporarily rock a school's ship.

Someone mentioned Briles.....A business owner here in Weatherford knows  Briles well & thinks he'll be redeemed &  at some point someone will give him another chance.  Americans are a very forgiving people, but not sure if Briles stepped over that line beyond forgiveness at Baylor.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Hope he stays until the end of the 2020 season so we have 1 year after Mason Fine graduates to establish our next quarterback all while leading us against Texas A&M with whoever our new QB would be. I would hate to have a new HC come in the first year post Fine and have to develop a new QB all while dealing with the regular turnover you have with a new coaching staff (transfers, schemes, etc...).

• Upvote 3