Bomb to Mike Lawrence

aztecskin

Here is a blast from the past to help us appreciate this offense’s. Now if we could bring that defense from that Sun Belt championship dynasty we could run away with CUSA.  

From 2002:

Up to this point there was one small but valid excuse. We just don't have the depth. Well that is CRAP now. We have the depth and there should be no excuse for not putting up 50 points on Nichols State.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there UNT96. Up until last year, I think even I would have a hard time opening up the passing game. Dropped balls were the norm. But we KNOW we can at least have an average passing game and up untill now it has been non-existant. And don't look for the Alabama game to be different. I think the first real test for this should be TCU. 

GMG!

PASS THE BALL!!

-————————————————-

Now they are passing the ball and winning.

By the way we could have 2 more seasons of Mason at his finest.  Where will he finish on the all time UNT passing list.

This is the play of the year.  This one play may help catapult UNT football to places we have never been.  A 50 yard play with 40 seconds left...The coverage was not good, but who cares.  You had the corner play underneath where he was supposed to be, but he jumped early.  The safety has to be on top and make the play.  The problem for UTSA is the route and throw was so close to the sideline, he had a long way to run.  The safety was looking at #9 Guyton and Lawrence was 1 on 1.  The safety didn't get over in time.  If there was a little more room left, Lawrence would have took that to the house.  UTSA should have went with a nickel and had 3 safeties with 40 seconds left.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

This is the play of the year.  This one play may help catapult UNT football to places we have never been. A 50 yard play with 40 seconds left...The coverage was not good, but who cares.  You had the corner play underneath where he was supposed to be, but he jumped early.  The safety has to be on top and make the play.  The problem for UTSA is the route and throw was so close to the sideline, he had a long way to run.  The safety was looking at #9 Guyton and Lawrence was 1 on 1.  The safety didn't get over in time.  If there was a little more room left, Lawrence would have took that to the house.  UTSA should have went with a nickel and had 3 safeties with 40 seconds left.

I count 54 yards.  Could that be right?

Rick

21 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

also...haven't seen it mentioned, but Jeff Wilson with a huge block on their other-worldly d-end on this play

He was making incredible blocks all night. It’s going to earn him super NFL points.

13 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

"The Hail Mason"----SUMG

Rick

Mason “the Mighty” Fine.