Baylor Problems Worsen... A Lot.

Cerebus

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

NCAA has to come down on this... right?   Baylor is the perfect school to 'make an example' out of.

Any school that allows its athletes to conduct itself in this manor, or any institution with any age, skill and occupation of human being deserves to have the hammer dropped. If it were UNT mark my words I'd advocate we're punished to the fullest extent.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Not sure if the NCAA can do much, but surely the Big 12 has bylaws that allow the other institutions to kick a school out of the club.

Almost without exception, in the past when I have had an interaction with a Baylor grad, I always have a feeling afterwards that they were being sneaky and underhanded.  I know I have just had an unusual experience and there are a lot of great alumni, but I have talked about it with my wife before due to how many similar experiences I have had.

Frankly, I hope they victims sue them into bankruptcy.  What a bunch of sleezeballs.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

So they advertise "sex", black or white, to recruits at Baylor.  Do they still have that "no dancing, no drinking policy" at Baylor?  You know, that Baptist thingy.

Note: Not trying to upset the Baptists on this board.

Not sure about drinking or dancing, but it would appear that they certainly have a no morals policy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, outoftown said:

It sounds like we are fast approaching Penn State territory. Maybe worse even. At some point the exact facts will cease to be important, bcause when the perception gets too bad, nobody can stomach the exact details anymore anyway.

Wow. Read what you just wrote.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Before everyone jumps on the vilification bandwagon, realize that there may have been others jumping on the money bandwagon. Case by case examination of the facts. Only way to go.

This.  The word "allegations" is critical.  Everyone believe everything that's alleged in lawsuits?  Provide evidence, or this looks more like a money grab... And a smear click bait headline.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

i had a friend years ago, a wild man, who was a good running back,  he was offered a scholarship to attend Baylor.  He tore up his knee his senior year and never went to Baylor.  I use to give him a  hard time about he was to much of wild man for Baylor, I was wrong Baylor would have been to wild for him.........

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Put saltpeter in the Gatorade?  

This could hurt this Baylor recruiting class with some parents who might ask their sons to think long & hard about their choice. (No pun intended, of course).

The coaches, AD, and President who that occurred under are gone. If the parents thought long and hard about it they would see the people currently in those positions had nothing to do with that situation

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

NCAA has to come down on this... right?   Baylor is the perfect school to 'make an example' out of.

They'd be punishing the people who had nothing to do with it, unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

The coaches, AD, and President who that occurred under are gone. If the parents thought long and hard about it they would see the people currently in those positions had nothing to do with that situation

They'd be punishing the people who had nothing to do with it, unfortunately.

Actually, the board of regents -- which has tried to keep as many of the details hidden from the light of day --  very much represents the university.  You are correct the new coaches hired were not involved but that does not give the university immunity from the sins of the past. 

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Actually, the board of regents -- which has tried to keep as many of the details hidden from the light of day --  very much represents the university.  You are correct the new coaches hired were not involved but that does not give the university immunity from the sins of the past. 

Right, but that's why I said people in those positions that I mentioned (AD, coaches, and President). Not all people in positions of power. 

And yes, the university shouldn't be immune from punishment because of the turnover. I didn't say anything otherwise. Just that it's unfortunate the right people aren't going to be the ones getting punished. Maybe some, but not all or even most IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1