Thank you Mr. Morris

Wag Tag

5 minutes ago, MEANGREEN07 said:

Alec played a helluva game today! He brought a lot to this team! I'm not sure Mason would've played any better than Alec did today! Thank you, Alec! 

I agree. There were some throws that's Masons lack of arm strength would have prevented him from making. His mobility would have been interesting to see though.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

I agree. There were some throws that's Masons lack of arm strength would have prevented him from making. His mobility would have been interesting to see though.

would have been great just to get Fine in for some read-option plays to help give Wilson a bit more space. 

But Morris looked great today, and wish he would have been given more of a chance this year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

DraftAnalyst.com appears to think Morris may have some traits that could land him a look at the next level...

http://draftanalyst.com/scouting-heart-dallas-bowl-army-vs-north-texas

Scouting the Heart of Dallas Bowl: Army vs North Texas

No potential draftees in the game, but there is one player that could land on a practice squad. North Texas QB Alec Morris is that player.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

his performance at the end of this season leaves me wondering what could have been had we just taken our lumps with SMU and kept him in and let him start all season.  No knock on Mason though.  I'm super excited to watch him compete for the job again next year.

Totally agreed.. he wasn't great vs SMU but far from the problem. 

Today also proved Morris was a better passer as well I think, while Fine wasn't far behind him.

5 hours ago, jdennis82 said:

DraftAnalyst.com appears to think Morris may have some traits that could land him a look at the next level...

http://draftanalyst.com/scouting-heart-dallas-bowl-army-vs-north-texas

Would be great if he can catch on with someone. 

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

his performance at the end of this season leaves me wondering what could have been had we just taken our lumps with SMU and kept him in and let him start all season.  No knock on Mason though.  I'm super excited to watch him compete for the job again next year.

Agreed. Knowing his receivers and OL better could have made the difference, since we were 1 play away on both sides of the ball from winning. It's certainly disappointing, but I'm going to live with it OK based on our performance and upcoming future. We showed some serious grit after the first 20 minutes or so, and I'm proud of the way the guys played regardless. If I wanted to bitch, I would bitch about a couple of play calls, but that's the way it goes sometimes. We'll get 'em next time.

I'd like to thank him and the rest of the seniors for their contributions to the University of North Texas. Best of luck to them in all of their future endeavors.

It would have been nice to have Morris for more than one season. If he had more than one season to develop and gel with this team, things could have been different.

• Upvote 4

My thought on Alec and his collegiate career.  I know coming out of Allen High with a lot of success, turning down an offer from Alabama was tough, but with hindsight being 20/20, can you imagine what 4 years with him at UNT could have produced?  Four/five years in one system, putting up numbers, etc... would have been awesome to see.  I was critical of Alec in the SMU game and even as late as the first half of today's game, but in the end, his leadership, never say die attitude and most of all the throws he made led me to think what might have been.

A lot of kids would be smart to think what they could do starting multiple years at a G5 as opposed to one or two years at a historically powerful school like Alabama, etc...

Great game today Alec.  You have been the example as to what a real teammate and leader is.  You could have sulked and gave up after the SMU game, but you sucked it up, were a great part of the team and took advantage of your second chance.  Thank you for taking a chance on UNT, and I wish you nothing but the best in the future.  Hope that includes being an active alumni and member of the Letterman's Association.  Well Done.

• Upvote 4