New Mexico Bowl

Marty

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

As much as I like to see UTSA lose every game they play by 70 points, conference perception does matter for future bowl tie-ins and television contracts.  

A 30 point loss would have hurt perception. A 3 point loss to a team with a better record from a better conference won't hurt perception.

Of CUSA or of UTSA with recruits 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

New Mexico Lobos roster lists 24 players that come from the state of Texas.  Now someone tell me that they have "recruiting gurus" on that coaching staff than come over and ransack our state for football players?  Maybe these 24 players want to play in a better conference (MWC)?  This pisses me off!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

New Mexico Lobos roster lists 24 players that come from the state of Texas.  Now someone tell me that they have "recruiting gurus" on that coaching staff than come over and ransack our state for football players?  Maybe these 24 players want to play in a better conference (MWC)?  This pisses me off!

Meh. With or without those 24 players from Texas they would be having a decent year with 24 players from somewhere else. Triple option football is a proven formula to win. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

23 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Maybe these 24 players want to play in a better conference (MWC)?  This pisses me off!

"Better conference" is a constantly moving target. After the 2013 season, CUSA was the top ranked G5 conference and got a higher CFP payout than any other G5 conference. I think the coach standing in the kid's living room has far more effect that conference uniform patches. This year I think the AAC is going to be the top G5 conference. I think, but I'm not certain, that one year the MAC was the top ranked G5 conference and got the top payout. 

• Upvote 1