Guess I'm Not the Only Idiot

Caw Caw

59 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

I'm guessing you've never seen a pissed off bull hook someone with his horns? 

I've seen people gored. But it's not called hookin' um.

3 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

are we referring to the president of the school as an idiot or the marketing team??

I was called an Idiot in a different thread because of my username. It was a reference to that. I have zero caws for concern.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

It IS called being hooked or getting hooked. 

http://www.pbr.com/en/education/dictionary.aspx

HOOKED [hookt]

When a bull rider dismounts from or is bucked off a bull, the bull sometimes goes after the rider or the bullfighter and attempts to hook the human target with his horns. This is known as being "hooked."

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

I hope you caught my sarcasm. We can't really make fun of anyone's attendance.

I thought you were serious. I've read on here how UNT travels very well. I have not seen actual numbers, but I'm under the impression it's 10's of thousands more for bowl games. Why puzzlement was why the huge bowl number and but not regular season at home. It doesn't make sense that if you travel you have significantly larger attendance but I don't claim to have first hand information. Is it true the Green draw +30k for bowl games as I understand it? If so, why the disparity?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Caw Caw said:

Yeah, and if someone in a military style organization has something wrong with their uniform they may get 'gigged'. 

As for booming Sooners I believe they started the Oklahoma land rush by firing a cannon.

Point being, those famous calls you referenced all happen(ed) in life. 

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

I have.  But hooking people is something a bull does.  Cawing is not something an eagle does.  

We agree

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Yeah, and if someone in a military style organization has something wrong with their uniform they may get 'gigged'. 

As for booming Sooners I believe they started the Oklahoma land rush by firing a cannon.

Point being, those famous calls you referenced all happen(ed) in life. 

We agree

You cannot be both a Boomer and a Sooner. No OU alumni can explain that to me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, meanrob said:

People make fun of us because we're bad. I'd hope after fifteen years of crap marketing we throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Doesn't caawws me any problems. 

Yes, people make fun of us because we are bad about a lot of things regarding our athletic program, starting with our W/L record. It appears that we are also pretty bad at maintaining/honoring our traditions.....few that they are. Trying to start a new, and really stupid one, is not helping things. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'd like for each of you personally to record yourselves making the real sound an eagle makes and post it here so we can emulate it and get it going.  
Isn't that how the 'CAW' started?

I've been on campus tours for prospective students with my kids and the tour guides teach everyone both the hand sign and the "caw" sound as part of the tour.  Not sure if that's how it started.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

" Bring your holidays to a SCREECHing halt. North Texas is Bowl bound! "

And there you go.  It could have been just that simple.  

But when the marketers are the same people pushing squirrels as traditions we get the first thing that pops in their brain like CAW, instead of SCREECH.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, keith said:

I've been on campus tours for prospective students with my kids and the tour guides teach everyone both the hand sign and the "caw" sound as part of the tour.  Not sure if that's how it started.  

This is very true. Took my niece for a tour and the guide explained it and then cawed. She then received a few caws in response.

1 hour ago, keith said:

8 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

This is very true. Took my niece for a tour and the guide explained it and then cawed. She then received a few caws in response.

This is caws for concern. I prey they stop doing this.

• Upvote 3