Tempo Chopper down..

TheReal_jayD

12 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

I made a lateral move for a 6% raise.

Best thing I ever did because it put me in a new circle and 6 years later make 3X more.

Your situation applies here. A "lateral move" in our eyes could be a move to a program with more exposure and could lead to greater things quicker for SL.

20 hours ago, UNTexas said:

You guys are all talking like SMU is some dream job for Briles in a big ass country with lots of opportunity for good coaches. 

He is a good coach with serious baggage. Bobby Petrino led Arkansas to a 12-2 record and had to sit out a year before WKU was willing to take a chance on him and then Louisville gave him a second chance.

Briles has never coached outside of Texas and it seems he isn't interested in doing it. His baggage is way worse than Petrino's. Briles would be lucky as hell if SMUg took a chance on him but my guess is he may have to fall all the way to Tarleton State or something in order to build himself up again.

7 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

They can money wise.

Rick

Reading the SMU Scout site sounds like SMU's offer to keep Morris is more than a million less than Baylor is offering.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Well then your job you were in before wasn't lateral.

Another G5 is "lateral."

Same duties, same title, just got to know some different people.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

Reading the SMU Scout site sounds like SMU's offer to keep Morris is more than a million less than Baylor is offering.

Same duties, same title, just got to know some different people.

No one but those inside they're donor ranks knows what they are willing to shell out, and I promise...they can make it rediculous if they want to.

Rick  

On 11/22/2016 at 11:35 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

If Morris left.. Could open up Briles Jr to look for a job... thoughts on him possibly coming to UNT in some form?  I know its unlikely but would be a solid add to the staff in terms of Name and Recruiting ability

Gross. GTFOutta here with that mess.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

While intriguing this is the worst part about college football.  Money, corruption and lack of loyalty that is a total disservice to the student-athletes.  And it suck for most assistant coaches too.  I don't have any children I think will be nationally recruited athletes but I would only be comfortable sending them to UNT (were I can keep an eye on them), Stanford or Notre Dame.  I don't trust any FBS power to look after the best educational interest of my children.   College athletics are in desperate need of major reform but greed won't let that happen.

• Herman should stay put at Houston, I would not be interested in LSU's unrealistic expectations while going against Saban in the SEC east every year.
  • Strong would best served going to stable G5 program in the South.  Build a relative G5 power house and wait till the perfect P5 opportunity opens up.  (With Arkansas roots I would suggest that would be Arkansas once Saban retires from Alabama.)
  • UT should find a lower profile Head Coach, get great assistants under contracts that offer great stability and high buyouts
  • SMU should hang on to Morris
  • Seth would be a little short sighted to go to SMU.  UNT Athletic administration was inept but at least not corrupt and delusional like SMU.

Key question: where is Chip Kelly's stock in all this?  If UT is going for high profile splash Chip might be the way to go.  Kelly likes to run in his version of the spread and they have stud in the backfield right now.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 11/24/2016 at 10:52 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Id take KB if it improves this offense scheme and talent-wise.... 

Even at the cost of rape baggage and extremely doubtful character judgment? Or worse, complicity?

You know there are coaches and supporting personnel out there in D1 ball who meet your criteria without lacking moral fiber?

The Briles and their ilk should be excommunicated from coaching if the courts find that they were complicit in or covered up a pattern of rape amongst their players in any manner.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 11/22/2016 at 9:53 AM, TreeFiddy said:

Art Briles would be a perfect match for smoo. I doubt their administration would have zero problem with Briles. 

I would take Bries in an instant.

5 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Even at the cost of rape baggage and extremely doubtful character judgment? Or worse, complicity?

You know there are coaches and supporting personnel out there in D1 ball who meet your criteria without lacking moral fiber?

The Briles and their ilk should be excommunicated from coaching if the courts find that they were complicit in or covered up a pattern of rape amongst their players in any manner.

Guilty until proven innocent 

21 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I would take Bries in an instant.

Guilty until proven innocent 

I'll probably get hammered for this, but a buddy of mine is friends with Several Staff members at Baylor.  Says every complaint that came into Briles was sent immediately to the sexual assault Title IX lady on campus who was more or less shut down by the higher ups in Admin and BOR.  They wanted to win so bad they were willing to overlook this stuff.  What else is Briles suppose to do other than send the young women who made these reports to the correct spot on campus they are suppose to be sent?  Calling the police is not his duty as he is not the one making the complaint/report.  I get that this world needs someone to blame for these heinous acts, however it is a shame someone like Briles is taking all the heat for this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

I'll probably get hammered for this, but a buddy of mine is friends with Several Staff members at Baylor.  Says every complaint that came into Briles was sent immediately to the sexual assault Title IX lady on campus who was more or less shut down by the higher ups in Admin and BOR.  They wanted to win so bad they were willing to overlook this stuff.  What else is Briles suppose to do other than send the young women who made these reports to the correct spot on campus they are suppose to be sent?  Calling the police is not his duty as he is not the one making the complaint/report.  I get that this world needs someone to blame for these heinous acts, however it is a shame someone like Briles is taking all the heat for this. 

I heard plenty to Art's behalf also. But trial in the media especially about things like this are sad.

2 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Uh, yes you should report a serious crime - especially one like rape - if you have knowledge of it. 

The problem is what the public hears is a long ways from what really happened in most cases like this.