Tempo Chopper down..

TheReal_jayD

That SMU team is loaded with talent in the freshmen and sophomore classes who have all seen the field we would love to have. They are still a year or two away but the talent is absolutely there and Morris would be dumb to leave unless a school like LSU wants him.

I don't see how any coach in his right mind would want to take the Baylor job. No parent of a high profile recruit is going to want their kid at Baylor.

• Upvote 4

Just now, tmjerm said:

That would hurt bad @Harry

He runs a spread air raid system which they like...

He has arguably comparable college coaching experience to Chad Morris... Morris has more Texas high school ties...

He would bring a ready to go assistant staff...that is already recruiting DFW Texas etc

Hope like hell I am wrong but $hit Littrell turned around the Mac dumpster fire in one freaking year.  He has to be a consideration and SMU has the money to buy him out.

Just now, Harry said:

Hope you are right!

Me too! That and I dont see him leaving after just one season.

I could be completely misreading him but I view Littrell as a man that is loyal to his word and will at least stick around for 3 years unless a job comes up that he cant refuse and I dont think that Job is SMU or Tulsa.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Me too! That and I dont see him leaving after just one season.

I could be completely misreading him but I view Littrell as a man that is loyal to his word and will at least stick around for 3 years unless a job comes up that he cant refuse and I dont think that Job is SMU or Tulsa.

Agreed however, SMU is paying Morris 2 million a year.  That is almost triple what we pay Littrell.  Littrell may be loyal but he has a family and that's some big dollars to walk away from.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agreed however, SMU is paying Morris 2 million a year.  That is almost triple what we pay Littrell.  Littrell may be loyal but he has a family and that's some big dollars to walk away from.

I think Wren would be given the chance to match it... I think Baker is smart enough to know and aware enough to get the $ to keep SL

• Upvote 1