Tempo Chopper down..

TheReal_jayD

I believe that the buyout on Seth's contract is a little north of four million dollars.  Even with all of their money I doubt that SMU would spend that on a coach with (at best) a 7-6 record as a FBS head coach.  Besides, if Littrell is as good as I think that he will be he'll have a P5 offer within a couple of years.  

Truthfully, I don't look for Morris to go anywhere anytime soon.  He's well-paid, in Texas, and is accumulating some pretty impressive talent at SMU.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

That SMU team is loaded with talent in the freshmen and sophomore classes who have all seen the field we would love to have. They are still a year or two away but the talent is absolutely there and Morris would be dumb to leave unless a school like LSU wants him.

I don't see how any coach in his right mind would want to take the Baylor job. No parent of a high profile recruit is going to want their kid at Baylor.

That's what they said about Miami! I don't know if the turn around coach gets the benefit or the 2nd hire after the turn around with all the probations gone?

Edited by Wag Tag

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

I wonder how much Baylor is paying him that SMU couldn't match?

Irrelevant whether SMU matches or not. If he ever wants to win a national championship he takes the move to the Big 12. That's the same reason Houston won't be able to keep Herman no matter how big of a check they write. 

• Upvote 5

Personally I would think that this would be a dangerous hire for Baylor. I mean yes, he can recruit a bit, but the results are not wowing anyone so far. It feels like we don't really know yet whether Morrisn is good or a bust. I can't be the only one who thinks we might well have beaten smoo, had we played later in the season.... ah well¨, I guess Baylor can't be good forever. If SMU finds a coach worse than Morris, then this could be really nice.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Harry said:

He runs a spread air raid system which they like...

He has arguably comparable college coaching experience to Chad Morris... Morris has more Texas high school ties...

He would bring a ready to go assistant staff...that is already recruiting DFW Texas etc

Hope like hell I am wrong but $hit Littrell turned around the Mac dumpster fire in one freaking year.  He has to be a consideration and SMU has the money to buy him out.

But can he win without Mac's recruits.  That is the question.

:pow:

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Agreed however, SMU is paying Morris 2 million a year.  That is almost triple what we pay Littrell.  Littrell may be loyal but he has a family and that's some big dollars to walk away from.

I thought SMU was paying Morris in the 3 million plus a year range.  Unless SMU money severely whips him I can't see him or anyone having interest in the job itself.  If NT wanted to step up assuming SL really does wonders in 2-3 seasons here then I don't see why NT couldn't double SL's current salary or come close to that if they wanted and if they were indeed truly serious about athletics like they say they are and we think they're starting to become.  

Baylor has already established that they can pay $4 million a year because they were paying that amount.

SMU would get around $3 million from Baylor to buyout Morris and is already paying around $2 million.

Simple question about lateral moves. If someone called you up and said I want you to leave the company you work for. I'm offering you the same title, the same responsibilities at our company as you have today. Our company has about the same reputation as your current employer but I'm offering to double your salary and I'm guaranteeing that salary for another year or two year more than your employer is guaranteeing.

How many of you make that lateral move?

Y'all may be more noble than I am but I'm going to go double my paycheck.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

Baylor has already established that they can pay $4 million a year because they were paying that amount.

SMU would get around $3 million from Baylor to buyout Morris and is already paying around $2 million.

Simple question about lateral moves. If someone called you up and said I want you to leave the company you work for. I'm offering you the same title, the same responsibilities at our company as you have today. Our company has about the same reputation as your current employer but I'm offering to double your salary and I'm guaranteeing that salary for another year or two year more than your employer is guaranteeing.

Amen.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

This assumes NT doesn't pony up more cash. 

8 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

Not for a lateral position, no.

• Downvote 8

I reeeally hate to say this but the SMU job is not a lateral move.  Nearly every game they've played this year has been televised.  Us?  Hope you've got good download speed.  Their pocket books are deeper and their history is richer and they're a heck of a lot more visible.  As pathetic as their fanbase support is, the job's features/benefits best ours.  The AAC is definitely an upgrade from CUSA. I really don't like it, but it's true.  Not saying Seth would take it, but it's totally not a lateral move. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tmjerm said:

I reeeally hate to say this but the SMU job is not a lateral move.  Nearly every game they've played this year has been televised.  Us?  Hope you've got good download speed.  Their pocket books are deeper and their history is richer and they're a heck of a lot more visible.  As pathetic as their fanbase support is, the job's features/benefits best ours.  The AAC is definitely an upgrade from CUSA. I really don't like it, but it's true.  Not saying Seth would take it, but it's totally not a lateral move. 

The biggest problem SMU has is they can't draw any fans! The was stated again in the DMN. The parking sucks.. and tail gating is non existent! Fill the App ( don't care how) and this will give us a huge advantage over our competitors! GMG 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, tmjerm said:

It's a marginally better job at best. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1