Where are you staying for UTSA?

emmitt01

@emmitt01 I got a room at the Super 8 on I35, about 15 minutes from the stadium.  Nothing fancy since we're just going to be sleeping there and want to do fun stuff in SA, and it's not too far a drive from everything.  There were cheaper ones, but the reviews of those were pretty bad and I'm going to be there with Crystal, and didn't want to get anything that was likely to be gross.  Why do you ask?  Are you thinking of carpooling or something?

Man, I used to go to San Antonio all the time for shows at the convention center.  I almost always stayed in the big hotels downtown, the Marriott, the Westin, whatever.

One time, I decided to save on my travel budget, and booked a Quality Inn juuuust outside downtown.  

I went out in search of a bar, and wandered into what amounted to little more than somebody's converted garage with card tables, folding metal chairs, and beer in a bunch of igloo ice chests.  This was the neighborhood San Antonio "bar."  

Got kinda done with the city after that. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel Havana is a super cool boutique hotel on the river walk but away from the tourist zone.  We like the stay there when we go down.  They've got a cool bar called Ocho attached to it that is pretty solid for some quiet drinks.  Not the cheapest thing in town but if you want to stay on the riverwalk it's worth a look.  

http://havanasanantonio.com/

We are staying at Embassy Suites on the Riverwalk on Fri and Sat evening. Free breakfast and happy hours help negate some of the cost.  I remember parking by a bridge with a nice little walk the last time we played in San Antonio.  Will be so happy to get a Win this time!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

is anyone going down saturday and leaving after the game? girlfriend's parents are in town so only get a pass to escape for so long 

I thought about it but the Wife says if we drive down Saturday we have to stay the night on the Riverwalk...I said Yes Ma'am.  Anyone know (yes I know its lazy of me) if I can still buy tickets through our ticket office?

• Upvote 1