For those that were there to ride the rollercoaster

untcampbell

First, I envy you. Appreciate you fans that went to the game.

What was the crowd like? And our numbers compared to Rice?

On the radio, it often sounded like a home game. I think I heard their band one time. Our band sounded good and loud. And there seemed to be more noise from our fans most of the game.

For the streamers, how was the presentation? Dave and Hank were talking about the likelihood that some challenges would be hard to overturn because the game wasn't being presented in typical TV camera(s) fashion. Really bummed this wasn't a TV game. I would be watching it again right now.

Beyond the Green should be awesome this week.

GMG

• Upvote 5

The streamed kinda sucked. Really sucked in the first half. No audio and a few lags. One time the stream replayed their first or second touchdown like 30 times or froze.

It got better in the second half when they were able to get their audio working. But, it didn't show score or time so you really didn't know down and distance so well either.  

• Upvote 1

Trust me, the stream presentation looked like a middle school football crew being filmed by a 6th grader. There was audio issues the first quarter, no score keeping/timer bar on the screen, and at times I couldn't even tell where the ball was because the zoom would be to far out. 

Aside from all that, we got a W. So a 7 dollar paid home video camera quality game was well worth it!

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 2

We had a big crowd almost outdrawing the owl fans. The pre party put on by the alumni association was awesome.  The band was great and it was wild to see a lot of new faces - primarily a Houston crowd.  

Definitely a top 10 game of all time since '86!  I lived through 77- 22 or something like that many years ago so this was some sweet revenge.

GMG

ps- the students traveled nicely and were really into the game!  See ya in Denton!

• Upvote 7

I actually thought there was more UNT fans. At least we were way louder than the Rice fans.

After the start there was no way I thought we would pull out a win. Proud of our team, you could tell on their faces after the game that they were pumped to win. 

Houston weather cooperated - the weather was quite pleasant in the second half. I hope all you guys enjoyed Houston and travel safely back to north Texas.

• Upvote 4

Everyone that went is making me hate myself even more for not going. Thanks. 

I streamed the game. It lagged a lot. The quality was not very good. It seemed to get better as the game went on. I listened to the radio broadcast as well. I actually turned the game to another game at the end of the 3rd because of how bad it lagged. I was ahead on the radio the entire time. It would let you catch up if you reloaded or logged off and back on. But would somehow fall back behind. I couldn't take it anymore so I switched games and kept listening. Still, hate myself for not going. 

I'm vowing here to make it to San Antone on the 29th Oct. GMG

• Upvote 2

I followed along in Twitter and ESPN game cast at work.  What a ride.  My employees thought I was crazy when we won.   They didn't know what I was watching and I think I might have been a bit loud!

great game!   Great win!  We have a coach, a team, a defense and what looks like a quarterback!   I couldn't be more excited!

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, NT91 said:

On the last play did NT hold Rice on 4th and 2?

12 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

4th and inches I believe. Less than a half yard. Combs was the man to make first contact. 

OK, so I know it wasn't at the goal line, but let me be the first to call it: THE STAND II

• Upvote 4

Wow, what a day!  What a night!

I want to thank President Smatresk, Wren Baker, and Rob McInturf (Director of the Alumni Association) and everyone else responsible for the great tailgate event (free of charge!), and for getting a Green Brigade Pep Band, the Cheerleaders, and Dancers there (Curious, though, no Scrappy - hmmmm)

I want to thank the Green Brigade and Cheerleaders (and Emmitt!) for the great job they did!  For those who complain that the GB doesn't participate in the game - they certainly did today!

I want to thank everyone who came, from the Houston area, and from Denton & DFW, who turned this into a virtual North Texas home game.  I'm pretty sure we matched, if not outnumbered, the Rice fans.

And of course, I want to thank the team, and the coaching staff, for not giving up, for fighting for the win!  Special mention goes to Tommy Perry, who was a wild man on the sidelines!

15 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

no, not yet... it wasn't near as amazing

I beg to differ.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

Our crowd made me so proud.  The tailgate was first class and well attended.  Tons of green everywhere.  I was blown away by everything.  It was prob 60/40 rice to unt fans.  If other teams traveled to Apogee like we just did to Rice, our crowds would look really good.  What a ride tonight.  I am exhausted

Good seeing you there Ed. I am exhausted as well. Don't think I sat down for more than a few minutes the entire second half. One of my best 10 all time games for sure.

• Upvote 2