Two future opponents play tonight (Rice and UTSA)

GMG24

11 minutes ago, gangrene said:

I #%*%ing hate UTSA.

No what you really hate is the anyone in a decision making capacity when comes to the athletic program the past 16 years at UNT.   UTSA program is a newborn baby and they are hosting a prominent P5 school on primetime TV.   And they are beating them in 3rd quarter.  'So highly desired perspective G5 recruit where do you want to play?'  Hopefully most of the good ones are playing a game right now.  But Euless Trinity has a bye week so I am sure plenty of others do too.

But look on the bright side at least their uniforms suck

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Their (UTSA) defense is not good. 

Their (UTSA) DBs got beat on multiple occasions. Like, nearly every play. The ASU QB is wildly inaccurate so he couldn't deliver the pass. 

The RB was beating the front 7 laterally, and moving downfield fairly easily if the o line was doing their job. 

ASU got out coached, but UTSA ended up getting outplayed. 

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

God that has to be deflating being up on so many P5 games in their own house but falling short. Gotta respect their effort for sure. It's also really pissing me off at that Lake Dallas defensive player is starting for them and we didn't look his way

I think he led CUSA in tackles before tonight, he will be a 4 year starter

10 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I wonder what comments the MOB announcer will have for the Baylor faithful.  Would they go there?

Called it.

The Marching Owl Band mocked Baylor for the multiple sexual assault allegations that rocked the program earlier this year. The furor led to the firing of head coach Art Briles, as well as the demotion, and the eventual resignation, of university president Ken Starr.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/09/17/rice-university-marching-band-mocks-baylor-over-sexual-assault-scandal.html

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Called it.

The Marching Owl Band mocked Baylor for the multiple sexual assault allegations that rocked the program earlier this year. The furor led to the firing of head coach Art Briles, as well as the demotion, and the eventual resignation, of university president Ken Starr.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/09/17/rice-university-marching-band-mocks-baylor-over-sexual-assault-scandal.html

This greatly offended Baylor fans on r/cfb who also thought it was swell and dandy that Art Briles showed up in the Baylor stands and all the Baylor fans gave him a standing ovation.  I've never had any particular hostility toward Baylor before.  They've been wonderful hosts at baseball the times I've gone down there.  But they seem to have lost their way.  That taste of success can really blur perspective, can't it?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

ASU escaped. UTSA had a solid game plan and a QB who is illusive. In the end I kinda wished they would pull it out just to put it into the face of a P5 opponent who gave them not respect and expected to win. However....

I don't worry about Rice and UTSA. We usually commit so many turnovers/penalties that coupled with our lack of execution we cannot beat anyone.

UNT football is UNT football's worst enemy. If we play within ourselves and limit the self inflicted wounds I didn't see anything out there in either game that would lead me to believe that we don't have a shot.

See you in the stands in Houston!!!!!!