MGB: Details of UNT's contract with Bethune-Cookman

Brett Vito

This type of scheduling takes a lot of the financial rewards away from playing the guaranteed away game.   You spend approximately half of your guarantee for playing the Florida and UT's of the nation for a game to balance the schedule that few care anything about.    I like the away game against a big time P5 club because I believe its helps in recognition, recruiting and obviously financially.  

However, I would prefer an every other year 5 home game schedule and another home and away series with a solid opponent than playing a lower division school every year.   It makes a lot of financially sense and would provide a lot more scheduling opportunities.

Despite what a few think, no scheduling philosophy is going to make everyone happy.   RV came up with his scheduling objectives based not only on the expressed displeasure of fans about years without 6 home games, but I believe that McCarney wanted the lower division opponent to ease the schedule.   A lot of irony in that thought.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

This type of scheduling takes a lot of the financial rewards away from playing the guaranteed away game.   You spend approximately half of your guarantee for playing the Florida and UT's of the nation for a game to balance the schedule that few care anything about.    I like the away game against a big time P5 club because I believe its helps in recognition, recruiting and obviously financially.  

However, I would prefer an every other year 5 home game schedule and another home and away series with a solid opponent than playing a lower division school every year.   It makes a lot of financially sense and would provide a lot more scheduling opportunities.

Despite what a few think, no scheduling philosophy is going to make everyone happy.   RV came up with his scheduling objectives based not only on the expressed displeasure of fans about years without 6 home games, but I believe that McCarney wanted the lower division opponent to ease the schedule.   A lot of irony in that thought.  

This.

And if you are playing SMU every other year in Dallas, you can use that game as a pseudo-home game while playing a team in OOC at HOME that people want to see.

12 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I wonder how many Texas 1-AA teams would come to Apogee for less than that guarantee and maybe bring some fans with them.

Extra points to anyone that can tell me what city Buthune-Cookman is from without looking.  I'm counting on your honor here.

GO MEAN GREEN

Only because I read an article in the Orlando newspaper about their qb, I'm saying they are in Orlando or a suburb of Orlando.

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I wonder how many Texas 1-AA teams would come to Apogee for less than that guarantee and maybe bring some fans with them.

Extra points to anyone that can tell me what city Buthune-Cookman is from without looking.  I'm counting on your honor here.

GO MEAN GREEN

I would guess somewhere in the South. Georgia?

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

GO MEAN GREEN

Jacksonville or Daytona or somewhere thereabout. 

4 hours ago, greenjoe said:

GO MEAN GREEN

I would guess that they're originally from the City of Bethune, the old culinary capital of northern France.

Hey, my 1000th post. Only took me 13.2 years. Maybe that's a good omen for tomorrow, so I'll quit posting until post-game.

• Upvote 3