Day in the Life of Seth Littrell

jtm0097

Very well done. One of the perks of having Dave as the play by play guy now is his son is a good journalist and covers the team more often now. 

Love the way the coaches communicate with each other. I really love the accountability. Something tells me McCarney didn't do enough of that 

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Littrell backs him up by addressing the offenders in front of the entire room, which is filled with only football personnel by now. “You are selfish,” he says to one. “You want to be a leader, you’re not even a good teammate. You think other guys didn’t want to leave and drink beer? No, but they were here that morning. Maybe they’ll build trust up with you, but you’ll damn sure have to with me. That’s 1-11 crap. I’m not going 1-11.”

6916fccd122e5e549eded799939a7e6a7817b086

#Truth

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Who is Greenlee and who is Elder that are referred to in the story?

Greenlee must be an assistant strength coach, since he was mentioned with coach Womack.  I can't find anything about him online.
Elder is the Head of Football Operations: http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shane_elder_1003553.html

EDIT:  ColoradoEagle answers the "Greenlee" question 2 posts down.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Greenlee must be an assistant strength coach, since he was mentioned with coach Womack.  I can't find anything about him online.
Elder is the Head of Football Operations: http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shane_elder_1003553.html

The article originally said Zack Greenlee (a former Fresno State player, now UTEP) everywhere it now says Zack Womack. He did a find+replace on Zack Greenlee for Zack Womack, but missed one that just says "Greenlee".

• Upvote 3

10:11 (am): ...To the front of his office sits a white leather couch, two green cloth chairs and a mostly empty jar of green M&M’s on the entry table, below a TV mounted to the wall

2:10 (pm): The team meeting has ceded to a special teams only meeting. Littrell stays. He drinks a water spiked with energy powder. “It’ll make your hair stand up,” he tells me.

10:04 (pm): Back in his office, night has cascaded upon his view of Apogee. Someone has filled the jar of green M&M’s.

Interesting camp battle seems to be underway...M&M Steward vs Energy Powder Attendant for the position of Littrell's "Diet Coke Boy"

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

“Today pissed me off,” Littrell says. “We had to put extra strain on your bodies, we had to keep you here later, because some of you decided to be selfish. If anyone knew they were going to leave and allowed it to happen, it’s just as much your fault as it is theirs. Depending on how we do tomorrow will determine how we finish practice. This team still owes me one. Either you’ll pay me on the field or we’ll do it again.”

Love This!!!

Obviously different approach than Leach. No creative use of the equipment room or electrical closet, instead hold them accountable on the field. 

• Upvote 1