Carlos Harris Arrested

TheReal_jayD

3 hours ago, untbowler said:

who cares anymore, he showed his @$$ at the end of the season, could care less, maybe he will mature at some point, but he is no longer an active player and left on a sour note, young man needs some guidance it would seem

I'm surprised his daddy isn't on here patrolling. I said on Twitter once that Carlos needed to be a leader to the younger guys in this terrible season and his dad came after me. Continually searching for his name I guess. 

Either way, I used to be a Carlos fan but after this year, don't really care for him. All he does these days is make clothes and talk crap to non-athletes. 

• Upvote 7

You can be arrested for public intoxication inside a bar if the cops wanted too. It's something that the law arrests you if your a danger to yourself. Just making sure that he doesn't walk out in a street and get hit by a car. No biggie... I still think we might see Carlos getting in some sort of other trouble in the future if he's still cocky and arrogant. But I hope I'm wrong.

17 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

You can be arrested for public intoxication inside a bar if the cops wanted too. It's something that the law arrests you if your a danger to yourself. Just making sure that he doesn't walk out in a street and get hit by a car. No biggie... I still think we might see Carlos getting in some sort of other trouble in the future if he's still cocky and arrogant. But I hope I'm wrong.

Those were my thoughts when I first read about this. It smacks of a case of "Manzielitis". There is no established treatment for it, and the results are usually loss of career opportunities with repeated episodes. Though not related, symptoms appear similar to "affluenza".

Edited by EagleMBA

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Every time I was at Fry he was always there. Especially at Tavern, buying shots for what one would consider his "bitches" as he usually had a gaggle of questionable life choices in mini skirts following him around. So to say I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often is an understatement.

Guess you spent more time at Cool Beans.....

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Dr. Seuss said:

Guess you spent more time at Cool Beans.....

Nah. Lou's and Tavern were my two particular watering holes. Usually started off at lous and finished at Tavern, had a buddy who was the door guy so I never had to wait in line. Mainly the reason why I went there all the time. That just happened to be the football team's bar of choice

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Nah. Lou's and Tavern were my two particular watering holes. Usually started off at lous and finished at Tavern, had a buddy who was the door guy so I never had to wait in line. Mainly the reason why I went there all the time. That just happened to be the football team's bar of choice

You must have been one of the cool kids that @Withers940 gave free shots to

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Sometimes even if you're a danger to no one, but the cop just decides that he doesn't like you or wants an arrest for the evening. I had a guy removed from the back seat of my car for PI years ago, and the guy wasn't particularly intoxicated and barely said a word. Definitely a law that is regularly abused by some departments/individuals. Luckily this incident is a non-issue for the program.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Hasn't he moved to Hollywood already?

Lot of reasons to be pissed at Carlos, this is just stupid. We don't know. Hell he could've been just trying to walk home rather than drive drunk. This Twitter shouldn't be a thing, and you guys shouldn't even be posting this

aka the best bar on Fry. It and Lou's the only worthwhile ones left. Hickory & Fry is cool, doesn't fit in with the others though.

Usually you get arrested for PI for being a danger to yourself, or refusing to cooperate with officers, not for simply walking home.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, rcade said:

Public intoxication was a cherished part of my college experience. As long as he wasn't anywhere near a vehicle this seems like an extremely minor offense.

I don't trust a man without a public intoxication/minor in possession under his belt. If you don't you just didn't do college right! Thank god there wasn't twitter, instagram, and whatever the hell else there is today when most of us were at UNT. If so we would be asking "do you want fries with that" instead of at our current positions.

For the record I am not degrading fast food workers. It just isn't a job that becomes a career!

Give the kid a break.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Usually you get arrested for PI for being a danger to yourself, or refusing to cooperate with officers, not for simply walking home.

How about being one of these?

JACKASS_thumb2.jpg

5 minutes ago, GM1998 said:

I don't trust a man without a public intoxication/minor in possession under his belt. If you don't you just didn't do college right! Thank god there wasn't twitter, instagram, and whatever the hell else there is today when most of us were at UNT. If so we would be asking "do you want fries with that" instead of at our current positions.

For the record I am not degrading fast food workers. It just isn't a job that becomes a career!

Give the kid a break.

Just because you didn't get a public intox doesn't mean you weren't intoxicated in public. It means you were smart enough not to piss off the cops while you were drunk in public.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

How about being one of these?

JACKASS_thumb2.jpg

Just because you didn't get a public intox doesn't mean you weren't intoxicated in public. It means you were smart enough not to piss off the cops while you were drunk in public.

this shouldn't be a criteria for how the law is administered.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Seuss said:

You guys are acting like he's a 18 year old kid.  He's a 4 year player "preparing" for the next chapter in his life.  There's no excuse for this.  Its like you or me getting caught with cocaine before a job interview and the employers know about it.  

it's actually nothing like that.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

it's actually nothing like that.

If you say so... Lets look at Randy Gregory.

He was a projected first round draft pick.  Tested positive for weed with other off the field issue; dropped to a second round pick.  My theory that "off the field" issues hurt his chance for his next chapter stands true. 

There's no excuse for this.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Rudy said:

Danger to yourself or others is the standard. That is pretty easy to articulate for any intoxicated person. 

Usually it comes down to attitude, having no one close that can come take care of you (think bad drunk here), or having immediate access to a vehicle. 

No big deal. A couple of hours in jail, sign your citation, and walk out. Don't even have to post bail most times.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

ScwGxZk.gif

It's a PI, not possession of cocaine.  One is at the MAX a $500 fine and the other is at a MIN a felony, 2 years in jail and 10,000.

For a marginal NFL prospect this could be just as bad for career reasons. Teams will take a chance on guys with great talent, but why risk it when there are lots of guys like Carlos in skill terms that don't have even this little bit of baggage?

• Upvote 6