Texas Monthly Writer Bashing the Program

jtm0097

I read it. He didn't say anything that wasn't true or I wasn't thinking except for the SMU deal which he doesn't take into account the post-death penalty record against them. This was a historically bad year. He just pointed it out to the folks that didn't already know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's not necessarily a compellingly well written piece but, I didn't identify any lies. I hope if any of our coaches or athletes read this it will only serve to inspire and elevate the desire for better results and become the untouchables we all hope for.

Take a long hard look gentlemen (and especially you Fly). This IS the outside perception of UNT athletics. This IS why it's going to take a miracle for a risky coaching hire under a terrible athletic department to be successful. 

In short, this IS exactly how every other college football fan perceives this program, as the worst in Texas and one of the worst in America.

Yet the man responsible for THE LAST 15 YEARS remains. 

And you seriously wonder why an alumni makes fun of this program? Why wouldn't he? 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 7

3 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

might hurt if anyone read texas monthly.

Lol. You are kidding, right?

Also it's clear this guy is a UNT fan. The comment "McCarney was fired one hour after the game, at least publicly" seems to be a direct reference to the fact that news was out pregame that Mac was gone after that game, no matter the outcome. 

Also, he didn't make the common mistake of saying that "Mean Green" came from Joe Greene. 

He is a fan, and he is pissed. But, the 17 can go have beers tonight with RV on the Square, and that's what really matters, isn't it?

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Lol. You are kidding, right?

Also it's clear this guy is a UNT fan. The comment "McCarney was fired one hour after the game, at least publicly" seems to be a direct reference to the fact that news was out pregame that Mac was gone after that game, no matter the outcome. 

Also, he didn't make the common mistake of saying that "Mean Green" came from Joe Greene. 

He is a fan, and he is pissed. But, the 17 can go have beers tonight with RV on the Square, and that's what really matters, isn't it?

Wow, a post of yours I agree with. Those are rare these days.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

yeah i get it you hate RV and he should be fired.  I get it.

I don't know RV. I think that his job performance has absolutely sucked hairy horse balls and the only reason he isn't removed is because his friends protect him. 

He could be a really great guy, otherwise. But I don't care about that. Because I don't know him. And only want him to do his job, which he has shown he isn't capable of performing. So I want him to  leave, good guy or not.

Get it?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Didn't read it. He shouldn't have written it. Anyone who follows college athletics understands where we currently sit. We do not need one of our own pushing our face deeper into the mud. We get it. We suck. No one above the fans care. Hopefully that changes. It's like a never ending drama play. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Didn't read it. He shouldn't have written it. Anyone who follows college athletics understands where we currently sit. We do not need one of our own pushing our face deeper into the mud. We get it. We suck. No one above the fans care. Hopefully that changes. It's like a never ending drama play.

He wrote the piece because he follows UNT football, as a former student who attended games at Apogee in better times. Everything in it is factual.

You can't get people to care about the program and only have them talk about it in good times. Part of building a fan base is making people care enough to be mad when we suck.

My one quibble with the piece is that he never covered the main reason we stunk. I guess he didn't see the banner.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2